Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Apr 26th, 2024, 11:12pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rossi Linked with Ferrari Switch (Read 3546 times)
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Rossi Linked with Ferrari Switch
May 25th, 2009, 11:14pm

Valentino Rossi has been linked with a move to Ferrari after they continued their threat to create a new sport that allows three-car teams.

The Italian MotoGP star, 30, had previously been touted as the next big name to join Formula One but, after opting to stay on two wheels with Yamaha, repeatedly stated that his chance with marque had gone.

But after Ferrari threatened to take further legal action against the FIA after their bid to overturn a £40 million budget cap for the 2010 season was rejected, Rossi admitted that a switch could become a possibility.
"It looks difficult, especially as I have a contract with Yamaha, but if three-car teams were to materialise (it could be possible)," La Gazzetta dello Sport quoted Rossi as saying.
"Today I would say it's an impossible hypothesis, because my contract with Yamaha is already signed. I see it being truly difficult.

"I've got an excellent relationship with Ferrari. In my opinion we need to wait and see how the situation develops, and if they'll really pursue this alternative championship with three car teams - but there's also the possibility that (FIA chief) Max Mosley will back down so everyone can come to an agreement.

"We need to wait. I of course am very happy about this possibility and that Ferrari would like to give me a car. That's everyone's dream, but we need to wait and see how the situation evolves, even if for next year it seems almost impossible for me."

Rossi has tested for Ferrari on numerous occasions since 2004 and came close to making a full-time F1 switch in 2006, but opted to stay with bikes.

The stipulated deadline for all 2010 F1 team entries is to be made is 29 May.

IP Logged
jb6801
(Offline)

Re: Rossi Linked with Ferrari Switch
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2009, 7:59pm

Lets hope he stays on 2 wheels eh chaps?

If i remember back to 2006, when he was thinking about switching to 4 wheels it was stated in the press that his local villagers in Italy were quoted saying that if he did switch they would diss-own him and he would not be welcome around there anymore!

JB.

IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: Rossi Linked with Ferrari Switch
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2009, 8:14pm

I admit he'd leave a massive hole on the GP grid, there's no-one around at the moment who could take his place, I hope the Ferrari thing falls through so he stays on two wheels.
haga

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print