Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Apr 30th, 2024, 4:01pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monitor and DVD (Read 2659 times)
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Monitor and DVD
Aug 8th, 2007, 2:08pm

Sorry if you have seen this post twice, I put it in digital bits but after 15 views no one has replied so thought I'd try my luck here
I have a new computer monitor (sony) which has two connectors on the back, DVI-D and HD-15, providing I could get the inter connects, phono preferably, could I run a DVD player through it. Not bothered about sound as that's taken care of.
any help appreciated  
haga

IP Logged
Hamrag1
(Offline)
God

Re: Monitor and DVD
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2007, 4:33pm

I have a DVD Recorder (Sony) with a HDMI Output, and a LG Monitor with a DVi Input, so after your earlier query I thought I would give it a go. Tried it out today but,

Sorry to tell you it did'nt work in my set up - When I connected them thro a HDMI/DVI adaptor, My DVD recorder came up with the error message " DVI jack not HDMI Compliant" .

Hamrag1

IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2007, 6:24pm

Thanks for the input hamrag, I kinda thought that may be the case but didn't want to get leads etc and then find them useless, I suppose the logical answer is to get either a monitor with the right in/outputs or get a LCD Tv, shame, I already have the monitor so thought I could save a few quid,
back to the drawing board
thanks again
haga

IP Logged
gorth
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Sweden, home of AIK!

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2007, 12:01pm

You could have a look for TV-tuners with the in-/outputs you need. I have an ordinary DVB T box connected to an analogue TVBOX and from that to a computer monitor. The TVBOX is rather cheap, compared to a LCD TV.

I know my setup is analogue, but with the proper connections it should work.

gorth Cool Cool Cool

I am not as good as I once was, but am good once as I ever was.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print