Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Apr 26th, 2024, 1:44am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
5th November (Read 3604 times)
cromwell
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

5th November
Oct 27th, 2008, 10:35am

They have stated here all ready fireworks like bombs, I hate the 5th, I would ban it, we are celebrating a man being tortured then executed ? I can put up with organised firework displays but why do we allow the shops to sell them ? the hospitals and firemen are against it, what do you think ?

Don't steal The government hates competition
  IP Logged
gorth
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Sweden, home of AIK!

Re: 5th November
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2008, 12:40pm

I hate it because my dog starts to bark and I can't concentrate on my football on TV Wink Forbid the damned thing!

gorth Cool Cool Cool

I am not as good as I once was, but am good once as I ever was.
  IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2008, 1:41pm

I've said for ages to only have organised displays, don't sell fireworks to individuals, kids get hold of them and let them off a month before the 5th and cause havoc to pets, old people and hurt themselves,
The only good thing about the 5th (depending how you look at it) is it reminds me it's my wedding anniversary, so I never forget a card!!
haga

IP Logged
zapstrap
(Offline)

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2008, 8:00pm

I hate to be a party pooper, but it's organised displays only for me, cuts the risk and injury down to a minimum.  

I've been to parties where drinking and fireworks went hand in hand, nothing untoward happened, but it is a mixture that can clearly lead to disaster.

Lastly, I remember just getting our newborn asleep just before midnight after hours of tearing our hair out - on New Years Eve!  Then all hell broke loose in our neighbours back garden and woke him up again - I could have killed the barstewards!

This year I am taking my now five year old to an organised display well away from local houses so he gets to enjoy them safely (hopefully) without annoying others.

I think therefore I am.... but what if I think I am not?
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print