Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 7:08pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
eBay, In Court. (Read 4460 times)
cromwell
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

eBay, In Court.
Oct 24th, 2008, 10:33am

A disappointed eBay buyer has been threatened with legal action after he left negative feedback comments on the popular auction website.

Chris Read, 42, said he was stunned to receive court papers saying he would be sued for libel over the remarks he posted in regards to his purchase of a mobile phone.

Mr Read, a mechanic from Herne Bay, Kent, wrote on the eBay feedback section that the £155 Samsung F700 handset he bought was scratched and chipped and was not the model he wanted.

He added that he had already waited for more than a week for a refund after returning it to the seller. Shortly after leaving his feedback, Mr Read received an email from the seller, Joel Jones, asking him to retract the comments.

The mechanic told the Daily Mail: "There was absolutely no way I was going to remove the feedback. What I wrote was a valid and honest opinion of the item and the service I received. "It's not like I wrote anything malicious or nasty or called him a conman or a fraudster."

He said he then received a formal letter from Mr Jones, warning him that if he did not sign an enclosed statement he would be taken to court and liable for court costs of £175 along with "substantial" lawyers' fees.

Mr Jones, who uses the name onsalexuk to sell electronic goods on eBay, said the comments were affecting his business as sellers who have negative feedback appear lower down the screen in searches than other people. He has now given Mr Read a full refund for the phone.

Richard Ambrose, head of trust and safety at eBay, said: "Our feedback system allows buyers to make informed decisions about who they trade with based on the experience of other users.

"However, on the rare occasion that something goes wrong we always encourage users to contact the seller in order to resolve the matter amicably."

Don't steal The government hates competition
  IP Logged
Markymarc
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Re: eBay, In Court.
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2008, 4:52pm

Have you seen the sellers other negative feedback, what a waste of space seller, I would love to see this in court  Grin

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=onsalexuk&v=70

IP Logged
sleepy
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Baldly Going!

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2008, 5:30pm

And that proves the point ALWAYS check sellers feedback. Wink

Make It So!
  IP Logged
ajones11
(Offline)

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2009, 11:22am

Hi,

Sleepy , I agree with you up to a point, but what do you do with a multiple, multiple seller who has say 10 negative feedbacks in say 10,000 sales........I was caught out in a simular situation whereby I puchased a laptop for over £250.00 of my hard earned money only to receive what looked like it had been found in a skip....it was dirty, grimy,scratched everywhere and looked disscusting.......I had to wait nearly 2 months for a refund from papal......is that right??.....these people should be banned from selling on ebay....who by the way are not at all concerned in sellers,the only thing they are interested in is there fees...ajones11 Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print