Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 29th, 2024, 6:54am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
euthanasia clinic (Read 3682 times)
cromwell
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

euthanasia clinic
Oct 17th, 2008, 1:19pm

The "suicide death" of a paralysed rugby player is being investigated by police.

Dan James had gone to a euthanasia clinic in Switzerland with members of his family, according to reports.

The 23-year-old was paralysed in a training session last year and died last month in the clinic.

Detective Inspector Adrian Todd from Worcestershire Police said: "A police investigation is ongoing and officers have spoken with a man and a woman in conection with the case.

A note on the Worcester coroner's website said Mr James "travelled to Switzerland with a view to ending his own life".

Mr James was a regular squad member for England Students playing either as hooker or a back row.

He last played two seasons ago just before the injury that left him paralysed.

He sustained his injury while training for Nuneaton Rugby Club, where he dislocated a vertebra practising for a scrum.

His funeral was held on October 1, where about 400 people attended including his England team mates.

In April his family attempted to raise money for spinal injury research.

why carn't they just let the lad R.I.P.

Don't steal The government hates competition
  IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: euthanasia clinic
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2008, 3:41pm

Not only does this goverment want you to suffer during your working life, they also want you to suffer in ill health, euthanasia should be legal in ALL countries! If you don't want to die a painful death, it should be your right to take your own life.
haga

IP Logged
cromwell
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Re: euthanasia clinic
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2008, 4:00pm

Hi m8, I am against euthanasia and I believe it goes on in this country now, but if someone is that set on doing it we can't blame the people they leave behind, they have been to hell and back.

Don't steal The government hates competition
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print