Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 29th, 2024, 1:57pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Would anyone know the legality of cars on finance? (Read 3482 times)
capper2824
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Would anyone know the legality of cars on finance?
Sep 27th, 2008, 9:54pm

Hi all,

To cut a long story short, I bought  a second hand car.

I had the car in November and there was exactly 3 months of the manufacturers warranty left. A month after the manufacturers warranty had expired I had a service on my car and it was discovered that there was an oil leak around the middle part of the engine.

I have asked if the finance company would rectify it and basically the answer is no but the dealer I had the car from said they would investigate the problem for around 40 to £50.00 and then do it at an in house price, this I was not willing to do, after owning the car for 4 months and having to payout for a defect that I believe was there when I purchased the car.

My question is, Can I make the finance company take the car back without a black mark to my name?

Any solicitors out there who may know something about this please.

Regards all.

Rob.

IP Logged
cromwell
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Re: Would anyone know the legality of cars on fina
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2008, 12:18pm

Finance company could take the car back, then sell it but you would have to make up the difference, you would be no better off m8, what to do is put pressure on the finance company, who did you get the car off ? garage ?

Don't steal The government hates competition
  IP Logged
capper2824
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2008, 11:48pm

Hi cromwell m8,

I got the car from a car dealership in derby m8. I have been in touch with the Trading Standards and after a lengthy few months they have said I have three choices 1) Do nothing, 2) take them to court or 3) try to thrash out some sort of deal.

The thing that bugs me is I have paid (or will have paid when the finance has been paid in full) £13,000 I had owned the car for 4 months when I learned the car has this problem, why should I have to fork out more cash so soon after taking out this agreement, where I believe the problem was inherent  when I purchased the car?

Thanks for your quick reply.

All the best.

Rob.

IP Logged
cromwell
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2008, 9:34am

The way to go m8 is the finance company, Don't stop paying, but if you get them on your side they will sort it and it wont cost you a Pennie.

Don't go to court, you would only give the Lawyers your hard earned money. the finance company can make some sort of deal, but stay calm with both parties.

Don't steal The government hates competition
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print