Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 29th, 2024, 1:09pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eight Reasons to End the Global Warming Scam (Read 6535 times)
Bobski
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Eight Reasons to End the Global Warming Scam
Sep 8th, 2008, 11:05pm

Eight Reasons to End the Scam

Concern over “global warming” is overblown and misdirected. What follows are eight reasons why we should pull the plug on this scam before it destroys billions of dollars of wealth and millions of jobs.

1. Most scientists do not believe human activities threaten to disrupt the Earth’s climate. More than 17,000 scientists have signed a petition circulated by the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine saying, in part, “there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate.” (Go to www.oism.org for the complete petition and names of signers.) Surveys of climatologists show similar skepticism.

2. Our most reliable sources of temperature data show no global warming trend. Satellite readings of temperatures in the lower troposphere (an area scientists predict would immediately reflect any global warming) show no warming since readings began 23 years ago. These readings are accurate to within 0.01ºC, and are consistent with data from weather balloons. Only land-based temperature stations show a warming trend, and these stations do not cover the entire globe, are often contaminated by heat generated by nearby urban development, and are subject to human error.

3. Global climate computer models are too crude to predict future climate changes. All predictions of global warming are based on computer models, not historical data. In order to get their models to produce predictions that are close to their designers’ expectations, modelers resort to “flux adjustments” that can be 25 times larger than the effect of doubling carbon dioxide concentrations, the supposed trigger for global warming. Richard A. Kerr, a writer for Science, says “climate modelers have been ‘cheating’ for so long it’s almost become respectable.”

4. The IPCC did not prove that human activities are causing global warming. Alarmists frequently quote the executive summaries of reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), a United Nations organization, to support their predictions. But here is what the IPCC’s latest report, Climate Change 2001, actually says about predicting the future climate: “The Earth’s atmosphere-ocean dynamics is chaotic: its evolution is sensitive to small perturbations in initial conditions. This sensitivity limits our ability to predict the detailed evolution of weather; inevitable errors and uncertainties in the starting conditions of a weather forecast amplify through the forecast. As well as uncertainty in initial conditions, such predictions are also degraded by errors and uncertainties in our ability to represent accurately the significant climate processes.”

5. A modest amount of global warming, should it occur, would be beneficial to the natural world and to human civilization. Temperatures during the Medieval Warm Period (roughly 800 to 1200 AD), which allowed the Vikings to settle presently inhospitable Greenland, were higher than even the worst-case scenario reported by the IPCC. The period from about 5000-3000 BC, known as the “climatic optimum,” was even warmer and marked “a time when mankind began to build its first civilizations,” observe James Plummer and Frances B. Smith in a study for Consumer Alert. “There is good reason to believe that a warmer climate would have a similar effect on the health and welfare of our own far more advanced and adaptable civilization today.”

6. Efforts to quickly reduce human greenhouse gas emissions would be costly and would not stop Earth’s climate from changing. Reducing U.S. carbon dioxide emissions to 7 percent below 1990’s levels by the year 2012--the target set by the Kyoto Protocol--would require higher energy taxes and regulations causing the nation to lose 2.4 million jobs and $300 billion in annual economic output. Average household income nationwide would fall by $2,700, and state tax revenues would decline by $93.1 billion due to less taxable earned income and sales, and lower property values. Full implementation of the Kyoto Protocol by all participating nations would reduce global temperature in the year 2100 by a mere 0.14 degrees Celsius.

7. Efforts by state governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions are even more expensive and threaten to bust state budgets. After raising their spending with reckless abandon during the 1990s, states now face a cumulative projected deficit of more than $90 billion. Incredibly, most states nevertheless persist in backing unnecessary and expensive greenhouse gas reduction programs. New Jersey, for example, collects $358 million a year in utility taxes to fund greenhouse gas reduction programs. Such programs will have no impact on global greenhouse gas emissions. All they do is destroy jobs and waste money.

8. The best strategy to pursue is “no regrets.” The alternative to demands for immediate action to “stop global warming” is not to do nothing. The best strategy is to invest in atmospheric research now and in reducing emissions sometime in the future if the science becomes more compelling. In the meantime, investments should be made to reduce emissions only when such investments make economic sense in their own right.

This strategy is called “no regrets,” and it is roughly what the Bush administration has been doing. The U.S. spends more on global warming research each year than the entire rest of the world combined, and American businesses are leading the way in demonstrating new technologies for reducing and sequestering greenhouse gas emissions.

Time for Common Sense

The global warming scare has enabled environmental advocacy groups to raise billions of dollars in contributions and government grants. It has given politicians (from Al Gore down) opportunities to pose as prophets of doom and slayers of evil corporations. And it has given bureaucrats at all levels of government, from the United Nations to city councils, powers that threaten our jobs and individual liberty.

It is time for common sense to return to the debate over protecting the environment. An excellent first step would be to end the “global warming” scam.

Cool

Why do I have to pay to live on a planet I was born on?
WWW   IP Logged
gorth
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Sweden, home of AIK!

Re: Eight Reasons to End the Global Warming Scam
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2008, 11:22pm

I've never bought this scam about global warming. But I think we have to live with it. It's too big business, too many scientists are fed by it and too many politicians are building their carriere on it to stop it.

My motto is: To hell with tomorrow. Wink

gorth Cool Cool Cool

I am not as good as I once was, but am good once as I ever was.
  IP Logged
sleepy
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Baldly Going!

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2008, 1:41pm

Always thought this global warming scare was BS, after all 35 years ago scientists were predicting another ice age after the cold winters then.
The buggers can't have it both ways. Roll Eyes

Make It So!
  IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2008, 6:35pm

It's all a con to get more money in taxes from most of us, as sleepy says, they did predict an ice age was coming, then they changed their minds and decided it was going to be hot instead, they haven't got a clue!
I don't subscribe to the theory that we can change global warming, the Earth and nature will do what it does without any input from man, now or in the future.
It is a con.
haga

IP Logged
Bobski
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2008, 1:27am

Humanity is just a product of nature and therefore everything we do is natural. Oil spills, waste,mundane boring lives, etc. etc. etc.....This is just nature working itself out. Working itself out through us. Nature takes every course it can and as bizzare a course as humanity and all our mechanized crap is it is totally natural. It's almost as if we didn't have a say in it. We just took the natural course that nature designed us to.

I need to lay down now  Smiley Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Bobski
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2008, 4:39pm

Koyaanisqatsi  

You might need to go to an Amsterdam café first before you watch this.  Wink

WWW   IP Logged
Markymarc
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2008, 11:40pm

Its all true!!!....................

Lol pmsl, what a bunch of crap, we have only been on this planet a short time and these "supposed" scientists which are actually paid politicians, think that they know everything about it, there have been so many changes in the earths history and there are so many more to come.  I suppose when the moon floats away, the sun becomes a dwarf star and our galaxy collides with another one in 5 billion years time, then its all going to be man made, still at least I will be dead Smiley

IP Logged
bill2000
(Offline)
God
Cardshare

Reply #7 - Sep 12th, 2008, 5:05pm

There must be something in it coz its raining here in bradford, and who ever heard of that happening before.......kin weather Wink

www.costacartridge.com or contact Bill; costacartridge@gmail.com or phone the shop +34 633 0800 33
WWW bill2000   IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2008, 6:42pm

Hello Bill, good to see your still around mate, rain! in Bradford, never, must be global warming mate, sunny here in Essex, so thats confirmed then. lol
steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print