Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 29th, 2024, 4:02pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Satellite For Caravan   (Read 4559 times)
Handos
(Offline)

Satellite For Caravan  
Aug 25th, 2008, 9:37am

Hi Folks,  

I am planning to set up my Sky + in my caravan .Can anyone give me any pointers advice etc.. ?  

I got a tripod and dish from ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220271876820

It has a sat finder with it . But dont know if that is any good. Any comments good or bad most welcome.  

Cheers

Email   IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: Satellite For Caravan  
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2008, 11:41am

Hiya

Looks ok, I think that's a sky zone 1 dish on it so you might have problems the further north you go, or if you head into Europe.

I guess you have a 240v supply or your sky+ box wont work!

'Action is eloquence.' - William Shakespeare
WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
jrb333
(Offline)
God

Dark side of the
moon

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2008, 4:47pm

@Handos

I took down the dish they erected on my house and got hold of a scaffold tube (small) and removed my jockey wheel and then placed the scaffold tube in the hole along with the dish attached, I used a compass to find 28d east, I then used the sat strength facility on the sat box to fine tune, it sounds a bit long winded but it only takes me about 30 minutes to set up.

hope this is of some use to you.

jrb333.

IP Logged
ianskill
(Offline)
Forum Moderator
Cardshare

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2008, 9:08pm

totaly agree.i have a tourer and also remove the jockey wheel to replace wth a 8ft aluminium pole.i use a 60cm mesh dish with the sat cable runnig under the seating.i always get a signal no problem.i use the technomate patched 1500 so sometimes i go motorised. if you cant do the jockey wheel way,then you could use a tripod and try it peg it down.depending where in the country you are,i would go for the 60cm dish or use a zone 2 mini dish.

u know me!i like free tv
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print