Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 2:13pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BT Broadband problems (Read 4177 times)
capper2824
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

BT Broadband problems
Dec 15th, 2006, 10:00pm

Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems with BT Broadband.

3 Days now brother has had problems connecting (not getting a stable ADSL connection).

For 2 days a technical advisor has been trying to help me and every time he has phoned me the connection has been ok for a few hours then nothing.

I phoned up tonight told a tech guy that there were still probs and now he is telling me that someone is either upgrading or updating server and to leave it for 6 to 8 hours, 8 hours would be around midnight and he said everything should be back to normal.
Yeah right.

Thanks all in advance.

Regards Rob.

IP Logged
sleepy
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Baldly Going!

Re: BT Broadband problems
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2006, 10:32pm

I'm using BT m8 and haven't had any problems, check everything from the BT box to the pc, if thats ok then its a problem their end, 9 times out of 10 its problem with their exchange.
Hope you get it sorted m8.

Make It So!
  IP Logged
capper2824
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2006, 10:41pm

Thanks sleepy,

I have connected router to the main box no other wires connected within the house ( a straight line to the main box) it's like an intermittent problem.

The same thing happens when I connect a totally seperate identical router, leads, so I know the original router is not at fault.

Sleepy m8 I am also with BT and live only about 200 yards from my brother and my connection is ok but I am on total broadband, (not sure if that puts me on a different server or not).

Cheers again m8 for your input.

All the best Rob.

IP Logged
invalid
(Offline)

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2006, 7:15am

Did you try changing the Microfilter ??? it`s normally the first thing they ask you when you phone up about a problem.
Don`t take no bulls*it from them m8,my sister had a problem 4 ages with her line,they kept saying the fault was in the house & if they came out she would have 2 pay but i tried all my gear which was working & still the same,you could connect 1 min then it would go off the next.When the tossers came out it was there line which ran around the outside of her house which they didn`t find until the 3rd visit. Angry

H.

IP Logged
capper2824
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #4 - Dec 17th, 2006, 11:24pm

Update:

Hiya all,

They are now saying that there appears to be nothing wrong with the line as all tests are coming back completed and ok.

They have said it is a possible fault with the master socket within the house (this could be actually because I bent the wire slightly and the DSL light on the router came on.

So I have fitted a new master socket today and will be fitting a brand new cable directly to the router tomorrow. In the meantime BT have said that they are sending an engineer out on the 2nd Jan to check all connections, but if this extra work stabalises the DSL light on router I would imagine they could be cancelled as hopefully the fault is not the line coming in to the house.

Anyways I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers m8s.

Rob.

IP Logged
capper2824
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2006, 9:03pm

Hi all,

Connection been good for 2 days no probs. And I have to say BT have been faultless to the point they have ordered an engineer to come out to physically check the line, but we have now cancelled that as everything seems to be ok.

All the best all.

Regards Rob.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print