Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 7:39pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Art Sport - Have they lost the Prem'ship contract` (Read 6945 times)
Nick
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

Art Sport - Have they lost the Prem'ship contract`
Nov 17th, 2006, 5:02pm

Hi guys,

I've heard a rumour that ART Sport have lost the contract for transmitting the Prem'ship games as of next year.  Does anyone have any ideas as to whether or not this is true ?  

I'm sure that it would p!ss a lot of pubs off if it were as I'm sure that loads of them have these "official" cards and that's how they show the 3pm Saturday games.

L8ers
Nick

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: Art Sport - Have they lost the Prem'ship contr
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2006, 5:54pm

I've heard that showtime have won it.... and that's on nilesat!

Not easy to pick up here! Sad

'Action is eloquence.' - William Shakespeare
WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
sleepy
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Baldly Going!

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2006, 6:53pm

Found this info elswhere.

The English Premier League will not be broadcast by ART next season after Showtime signed a massive three-year deal for exclusive rights to the world’s most popular sporting league.
Showtime beat off competition from Al Jazeera and ART to win the regional rights in a deal understood to be worth $120 million over three years.

Showtime will now be the exclusive home of the Premier League from August, when the 2007/8 season kicks off. The news will come as a blow to existing Firstnet customers who have recently signed up for 12-month packages. ART representatives could not be contacted by 7DAYS yesterday, so it remains unclear whether refunds will be offered to subscribers who signed year-long packages to watch the Premier League.

The move is a major blow for ART, which last month also lost its Al Jazeera Sports channels to Showtime. Showtime, based in Dubai Media City, has yet to announce details of their coverage plans - or subscription costs - but has promised to deliver a top-class package.

Azhar Malik, Showtime’s marketing manager, said “We will of course be airing all of the live games from the Premier League, but we are also looking at developing programmes around the games to complement the game itself with studio discussions, interviews and reviews with professional footballers and commentators that can add value to the game and entertain football fans.”

Showtime currently has just two dedicated sports channels of its own, Sportsnet World and Sportsnet America. It will need to introduce several new channels in order to match the service currently provided by ART, which has eight channels including Prime Sports, and shows at least nine live Premier League games each weekend, all with English commentary.

Showtime does not currently produce a studio show to accompany its international rugby coverage, or its Championship football. Prime Sports’ studio show, which has become popular with football fans, will finish at the end of the season.

Make It So!
  IP Logged
Nick
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2006, 8:03pm

Very interesting cheers sleepy !

That's a blow, it was nice and easy picking the ART channels up, and now it looks as if that little avenue of pleasure has been cut off.    NIlesat's a bit of a pain in the arris to pick up with a 1mtr dish isn't it... I'll have to wait 'n' see what happens in the next few months.

I wonder how this will effect the sales of ART cards on eb@y ???  

Nick

IP Logged
mr_archie
(Offline)

Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2006, 11:30pm

thats because greedy bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!! premier leque only care about money.i hope the shites go bust!!

Angry

IP Logged
SatCards
(Offline)
God

www.satcards.co .uk

Reply #5 - Nov 26th, 2006, 4:49pm

There is plenty of other options m8. We sell loads of other packages that have football. Just cost a little more than Art

www.satcards.co.uk
www.webstorz.net (24 hour online shopping)
Email WWW 272578487 satcardswebstorz satcardspaul   IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2006, 9:36pm

How about a 3m dish! Grin Wink

'Action is eloquence.' - William Shakespeare
WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
SatCards
(Offline)
God

www.satcards.co .uk

Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2006, 10:36pm

Hmmmm Steve Were stocking up m8. I suggest the easy route!

www.satcards.co.uk
www.webstorz.net (24 hour online shopping)
Email WWW 272578487 satcardswebstorz satcardspaul   IP Logged
Nick
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

Reply #8 - Nov 27th, 2006, 10:29am

Hi Paul,

Yes I've seen the cards on your site, not saying that I wouldn't but the prices are as you say a little more than the art ones..

Thanks for the info. tho.

Nick

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print