Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 5:14pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
D2Mac One West (Read 9653 times)
Starbuck
(Offline)

Peace & One Love

D2Mac One West
Aug 5th, 2006, 2:46pm

Ok Chums I taking you back in time now.  

My mate, who has still been using his Filmnet Philips D2mac box, phone me a few weeks ago to say the channels don't seem to work anymore.  I regret that I managed to get the old girl working for him two years ago when I fixed his Filmnet box up to his Digital\Analogue Echostar receiver and it has been going well.

My question is does anyone know if they have stopped transmitting or have they changed their keys?

Thank you for any help in this matter.  

Starbuck

Peace & One Love
  IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: D2Mac One West
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2006, 3:59pm

I have a feeling that the d2-mac channels have gone! I doubt very much if there has been a keychange, they havent changed for years!

'Action is eloquence.' - William Shakespeare
WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
mattk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2006, 11:07pm

I commented on this a little while ago sadly DR2 closed being the last D2MAC channel left broadcasting in June. I watched it up 'till the end and then sadly unplugged my faithful filmnet decoder  :'( End of an era!

"Social outcast in training" - Echostar AD3000IP, Matrix Reborn, MM/Matrix Reloaded, 1.3 metre prime focus motorised and loads of cabling!
9390550 mattk71   IP Logged
billy
(Offline)
God

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2006, 12:32pm

ya d2mac  the good old days  Roll Eyes Roll Eyesgod i miss them days

IP Logged
filmfan
(Offline)

Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2006, 7:50pm

They were the days of far better picture quality.With a good signal you got no sparklies which was far better than modern pixallation when something moves fast due to the meagre bit rates and 20 channels on one transponder.(slight stretching of the truth).

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #5 - Aug 6th, 2006, 10:07pm

I still think NRK1 had the best picture quality I've ever seen, I think it was only in D-Mac where the others were in D2-Mac?

'Action is eloquence.' - William Shakespeare
WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
mattk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2006, 11:15pm

Yep you're right Steve NRK1 was in D-Mac rather than D2-Mac, always thought that was a superb picture. The sound was also great on the radio channels on D2-Mac, none of the digital pops you get nowadays which are soooo annoying. I'm a purist give me analog or DTS anyday  Grin

"Social outcast in training" - Echostar AD3000IP, Matrix Reborn, MM/Matrix Reloaded, 1.3 metre prime focus motorised and loads of cabling!
9390550 mattk71   IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2006, 9:57am

hi steve m8

i wish we were in d-mac system still.This digital system is nothing but a problem.We may get better when we move to hd-tv,but as you wrote d-mac has great picture and  sound but only with propers deceders

regards

HDTV based on CS is future
  IP Logged
filmfan
(Offline)

Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2006, 10:27pm

For me the old France Supervision was the best quality genuine WS D2mac transmission just using soft scrambling.On my old Phillips reciever and Nokia WS tele it was far better than the best digital picture I have seen.Not seen any HD pictures yet just conventional. Smiley
Sorry it was`nt on one west from memory.

IP Logged
Starbuck
(Offline)

Peace & One Love

Reply #9 - Aug 19th, 2006, 2:16pm

Wink Thanks chums for the information. You were right; NRK was brilliant picture quality and a lot more stable than digital.

I never saw the French system in operation but it wouldn't surprise me that the picture quality was the best.  They've currently get 23megs Broadband and we are lucky over here to get two Megs.

Anyway thanks chums for the information. I will pass it sadly on.

Peace & One Love
  IP Logged
Deklan
(Offline)

Reply #10 - Dec 19th, 2007, 6:41pm

Smiley My Echostar AD-3600 is still going strong, It's a pity that the Sky boxes  are not as reliable   Cool

Diven jurr that Marra
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print