Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 3:33pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Post count # 3 (Read 3802 times)
kent
(Offline)

Post count # 3
May 25th, 2005, 12:33am

Don't know why, I believe that I have about ten posts over the years, yet I have 5 to my name, as such can't get to upload area.  

after going thru my posts I did'nt see replies I made for gbsat and some help I sought under computers sometime back.
mute (attachment deleted)  

IP Logged
gorth
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Sweden, home of AIK!

Re: New SammyEMU 5.4
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2005, 1:14am

Hi m8,

Your question should be placed in "Steves Homepage Feedback". This thread is about receivers. Wink

From time to time we've all lost some posts from technical reasons, but I'm sure you'll reach your 10 posts if you put your mind into it. Wink

The purpose of this forum is to involve people in discussions and to spread knowledge about sat related issues, not to dl files, or keys, or get your post count up as high as possible. Cheesy

gorth 8) 8) 8)

I am not as good as I once was, but am good once as I ever was.
  IP Logged
kent
(Offline)

Reply #2 - May 27th, 2005, 11:31am

Thanks gorth,
 for  the reply, I believe in what you said, but I don;t post just for sake of it or to increase my number of posts. I am no master in these things as such I try to learn from the gurus like you.

Steve's site has been one I joined years ago,when it was stevemustbehere, I have lost posts due to the changes but I am not complaining, and for the downloads, I mostly don't check it since much there has files related to samsung. humax and dreambox, none of which I have used before, I have used over the years echostar, satcruiser, emtech4000 (gbsat), kaon and currently mvision.
 So I normally read digitalbits,receivers and the changes in frequencies from knowledgeable people like you.

I know I could up my posts with unnecessary questions of which i do not want to task the bandwidth and space  of the site, just for that sake.
 this forum has taught me alot  and I am grateful and don't intend abusing its previlages.

Thanks again for replying, you've been one of the gurus here and I appreciate it.  

IP Logged
gorth
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Sweden, home of AIK!

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2005, 6:19pm

Hi m8's,

@kent, You had me at the first "guru" Grin Then you just exagurated. Wink But you're right, there are some really good guys here and I'm sure you can get answers to all your sat-& PC questions here. Cheesy

gorth 8) 8) 8)

IP Logged
diy_dan
(Offline)

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2005, 11:42am

without uping the bandwidth too much I sort of agree with kent about the posting. I've being on here a long time and is still a junior member because I do more reading than asking questions. It seems tht you posting rate drops if you dont post for 6 months so ever so often you have to ask for keys then you get flamed and you bounce the subject around abit before your rating goes up again. The worst bit is you cant pm anyone so you end up asking questions in public that you would have rather ask privately

IP Logged
gorth
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Sweden, home of AIK!

Re: Post count # 3
Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2005, 12:16pm

Hi m8's,

I moved it here since it has nothing to do with Receivers. This has become more of a general discussion.

@diy_dan, If you ask for keys, you'll have to expect to get a slap on the wrist, as it's not allowed in our rules. Wink On the other hand (the one that isn't slapped), you can always take part in general dicussions, jokes, or sports talk.  

gorth 8) 8) 8)

IP Logged
Termy
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: Post count # 3
Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2005, 12:18pm

The thing is m8, there are other sections apart from the Sat related ones. I know what you mean about unnecessary posts, but maybe just join in the banter in "The Lounge" and let other people get to know you a little bit better.

I know no-one is actually complaining about this matter, but there are other ways to get your post count up that little bit more.

As I say, just join in with the banter, have fun, thats what this forum is all about lads.  Grin  Grin

WWW Termy   IP Logged
kent
(Offline)

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2005, 2:44pm

Quote from diy_dan   on Jun 6th, 2005, 11:42am:
I've being on here a long time and is still a junior member because I do more reading than asking questions.

@diy_dan,
                 I could'nt agree more.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print