Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Apr 25th, 2024, 10:04am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
BT Broadband Upgrading (Read 21005 times)
invalid
(Offline)

BT Broadband Upgrading
Feb 7th, 2005, 4:10pm

reading here & other places i`ve found out that @ least 5 other broadband providers are upping the limit of there customers @ no extra cost.
Have just phoned BT 2 see if they are going 2 do the same & have been told from mid feb they will be upgrading BT customers.

H.

« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2005, 5:47pm by invalid »  
  IP Logged
sleepy
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Baldly Going!

Re: BT Broadband
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2005, 4:59pm

Good news for me, thanks for the info H. Grin

Make It So!
  IP Logged
Termy
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: BT Broadband Upgrading
Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2005, 6:17pm

I know that AOL have doubled thier BB from 1Mb to 2 Mb as a m8 has had the e-mail off them.  Grin  Grin

WWW Termy   IP Logged
crobin57
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2005, 7:53pm

NICE 1... I hope they do the Royal Borough First. lol   Grin

60 GB Cap? lol
Uploadspeed?   Tongue

Thanks for the info H   Grin

IP Logged
brad5150
(Offline)
God

Reply #4 - Feb 11th, 2005, 12:02pm

recieved my letter this morning upgrading 1mb-2mb,and its cheaper by 4 pounds,downside is the 15gbmonth caplimit Shocked anyone else get one
                     brad5150

WWW bradstar5150   IP Logged
invalid
(Offline)

Reply #5 - Feb 11th, 2005, 12:56pm

I`ve had the same letter,don`t like the 15gb per month cap though,it say`s you can purchase more online,wonder how much thats going 2 cost.
Well it looks like i might be swapping my isp,15gb`s a month is no good 2 me.

H.

IP Logged
brad5150
(Offline)
God

Reply #6 - Feb 11th, 2005, 2:10pm

they have halfed the limit from the last letter i got,late last year,was 30gb,and acording to them 15gb is more than enough Grin Grin

bill2000
(Offline)
God
Cardshare

Reply #7 - Feb 11th, 2005, 8:00pm

BT are a bunch of rip off merchants.

I have Telewest BB at home....1meg for £25 per month.
I have rented a small shop round the corner from my house, but there was no chance of Telewest serving it, and it already had a BT line it. They are charging silly money for the line, which I need. They say its because its buisness rates....tossers.....and heres the best bit.....I am on dial up in the shop as they wanted £30 +vat per month for a half gig connection......as soon satellite BB is sorted....i'm going to take great pleasure in telling them where to put their effing buisness rates. Grin

Bill

www.costacartridge.com or contact Bill; costacartridge@gmail.com or phone the shop +34 633 0800 33
WWW bill2000   IP Logged
crobin57
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 12th, 2005, 12:48am

I got my letter to today and I thought I would copy & paste mine, because we seem to be getting different mails. Read mine and see if yours are the same as mine.
I have not copied it all just the bit thats matters.

Dear Mr ........................  

We're always looking for ways to offer BT Yahoo! Broadband customers the best possible service, and that's why we're busy upgrading your line to 2Mb. That's twice your current speed. You will be pleased to know that, as a BT Yahoo! Broadband 1Mb customer, you'll receive this upgrade first. In addition, we're reducing your price for three months, giving you even better value.  

You don't have to do a thing
Rest assured, this upgrade is at no extra cost to you and it requires no extra equipment. It will happen sometime between 17th February and 9th March 2005.  

Most upgrades will take place automatically - you won't need to do anything and there will be no need for an engineer to visit. On the actual day of the upgrade, you may experience a short loss of service - this should be less than 30 minutes. In the unlikely event that your line cannot support 2Mb, we'll let you know as soon as possible.  

Not a penny more
We're reducing the cost of your BT Yahoo! Broadband service by £2.99 a month (from £29.99* down to £27.00*) for three months from February or March - depending on your billing date.
You'll keep your 30GB (gigabyte) monthly usage allowance with your new 2Mb service. 30GB usage is more than enough for the vast majority of customers. For example, you can send and receive about 500 photos and watch 6 hours of video downloaded from the web each week.  

IP Logged
invalid
(Offline)

Reply #9 - Feb 12th, 2005, 9:09am

Chris thats different 2 mine m8,think they have got mine wrong as i`m on bt yahoo & it don`t say owt about it in my letter.
Looks like a phone call is needed. Tossers Angry

H.

IP Logged
cucuz
(Offline)
God

Reply #10 - Feb 12th, 2005, 9:14am

That's the letter that I've had too .  Wink

IP Logged
channel
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #11 - Feb 12th, 2005, 11:27am

Thanks for that Crobin
                                  As ive not got the letter yet but have just rung them and it seem all bt 1mb customers will be upgraded to the new 2mb connection and will keep their 30gb cap which sounds a fair deal to me, not sure about bt yahoo H but cant see why there should be a difference, phone mumber is (0800 800 060).

channel

Humax 5400, Irdeto embedded cam, Dragon cam, M11 card, white tit card, fun card, silver card, gold cards, 90cm static dish, triple feed, picks up Astra19.2 East, Thor 1 west , Hotbird 13 East.
  IP Logged
crobin57
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 12th, 2005, 4:24pm

I'm also BT-Yahoo! So yes, H phone call required m8.  undecided

IP Logged
brad5150
(Offline)
God

Reply #13 - Feb 13th, 2005, 12:04pm

i just have the normal bt broadband,and mine surely says 15gb a month cap limit,reduction of 4pound to 24.99 pm effective 1st feb,changeover is 17th feb 9th march do you all think they make all this up as they go along

bill2000
(Offline)
God
Cardshare

Reply #14 - Feb 13th, 2005, 5:33pm

They are going to be in the sh*t if they are charging different rates to different customers for the same service Shocked

Bill

www.costacartridge.com or contact Bill; costacartridge@gmail.com or phone the shop +34 633 0800 33
WWW bill2000   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print