Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 29th, 2024, 12:00pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
BT Broadband Upgrading (Read 20842 times)
bill2000
(Offline)
God
Cardshare

Re: BT Broadband Upgrading
Reply #30 - Mar 1st, 2005, 7:48pm

Just signed up to wanadoo for me shop. As I said, Bt wanted £30 per month for half a meg......wanadoo...£17.95 per month for 1 meg. Modem arrived today and I expect to get switched on within the next 7 days........sorted Grin
I have also signed up to another outfit that are charging 1.4 pence a minute for my calls ans 50% off the BT line rental........ by the way BT were charging me over 6 pence per minute (business rates....tossers)

I don't know how the hell BT manage to keep any customers at all........a bunch of robbing wancers

Bill
mute (attachment deleted)  

www.costacartridge.com or contact Bill; costacartridge@gmail.com or phone the shop +34 633 0800 33
WWW bill2000   IP Logged
kev
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #31 - Mar 2nd, 2005, 5:52pm

Reply to markymarc <is wanadoo > gonna follow   free upgrade answer as follows from wanadoo  

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your email.

As times are changing and more and more service providers are bringing  
more products out we are considering plans to upgrade our services to  
compete with other service providers but at the moment we have not  
finalised any packages. If any increases are planned these will be  
posted on our homepage, www.wanadoo.co.uk. Please keep checking the  
homepage for any further news or updates.

If you have any further queries then please do not hesitate to get in  
contact with us again.

Kind Regards

James

Wanadoo Broadband Support
REF:WOOBB

IP Logged
crobin57
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Mar 4th, 2005, 4:37pm

Hi m8's  Grin

@Kev thanks for that bit of info m8.

It seem's to me as if BT are going to upgrade there customers before they let other ISP's have extra bandwith, that's a bit naughty if you ask me.

As you all know I have got the 2MB connection, But I would not have noticed this untill I watched the download speeds, the max I have had 236Kbps but Some downloads I get 18kbps in my opinion the speed of surfing is the same as the 1Mb connection. Maybe the 512kbps.

ADSL Speed Test was disapointing 1820kbps
it should be 1920kbps for DSL 2MB connection. I used the ADSL Guide http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

IP Logged
crobin57
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Mar 7th, 2005, 3:14pm

Hi m8's  Grin

Just received this email from BT with a bit of interesting information at the bottom. I don't like this, but I do not know my monthly usage, will have to wait and see.

Welcome to your  
2Mb broadband service  
Dear Mr crobin57,  

I am pleased to tell you that your line has been successfully upgraded to 2Mb broadband, at no extra cost.  

Twice as fast for the same great value
Your monthly payments stay the same at £29.99*. However, you are a valued customer so we're reducing the cost of your BT Yahoo! Broadband service by £2.99 a month (from £29.99* down to £27.00*) for three months from February or March 2005 - depending on your billing date.  

With your new 2Mb service, you can continue to be entertained in a safe, secure environment. You get privacy and protection and you can make it safer for children with the help of parental controls and a PC firewall to protect them online.  

Your service continues to include features such as spam protection, email anti-virus, pop-up blocker and LAUNCHcast Plus.  

With a 30 Gigabyte (GB) monthly usage allowance
Your new superfast BT Yahoo! Broadband 2Mb service comes with a 30GB monthly usage allowance. Based on your current usage pattern, this is more than enough to see you through the month. For example, you can send and receive about 2,000 photos and watch 24 hours of video downloaded from the web each month.  

What happens next?
From 1st May 2005, you'll be able to monitor your usage online. It's worth monitoring your usage on a regular basis as this will help you determine if you need more capacity. If you approach 30GB usage in a month, we'll let you know by email.  

From 1st June 2005, in the unlikely event that you do exceed your monthly allowance, you'll be in control and able to continue surfing without any break in your service: choose to either buy additional usage or use the service at three times the speed of dial-up (150K) until the end of the month.  

If you find that you do need more usage, you'll be able to top up online (£1.95 inc VAT per GB).  

Relax and enjoy
If you're happy within your current usage allowance, there's no need to do anything.  

From 1st May 2005, if you wish to see how much of your monthly allowance you've used up and how much you have left, please go to 'My Account' on your BT Yahoo! Broadband homepage and click on 'View Broadband Usage'.  

See your monthly allowance status via 'My Account'  

Find out more about 2Mb speed, usage monitoring, email alerts and top-up  

Thank you for choosing BT Yahoo! Broadband. We hope you'll enjoy using all its features at a much faster speed!  

Best wishes,

Gavin Patterson
Group Managing Director, Consumer & Ventures  

IP Logged
fatbloke
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Mar 7th, 2005, 3:53pm

tell BT to f*ck off !

H just passed this site on to me and i'm gonna sign up as soon as i get my details from my current ISP

Code:
http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/?doc=bb2000 

£30 for 2Mbps with no limits

cheers Harry

FB

p.s. they do 8Mbps for £40, but it isn't available where i am  :'( :'( :'(

IP Logged
sbadvm
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #35 - Mar 7th, 2005, 4:11pm

my m8 had a row with bt about the 15gb cap this morning.He rang them last week when I told him about eveyone being upgraded to 2mb and was assured that his monthly cap would stay at 30gb.

He had a letter this morning stating his cap was going down to 15gb.When he spoke to them he was told that everyone on btbroadband would have their usage cut to 15gb regardless and that if he wanted the higher rate of 30gb then he would have to go with btyahoo.

After a bit of ranting at them and informing them he would be changing to a different isp they told him that for the next 4 months he only has to pay £19.99/month and that the capping doesn't come into force until june.He's now planning some serious downloading til then lol.

I'd suggest everyone get onto bt and rip some fcuks into them and get a lower price.Then when that runs out migrate to someone else  Grin

sbadvm

IP Logged
crobin57
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Mar 7th, 2005, 4:44pm

Thanks for the info fatbloke thanks H.

This is what we need another company offering a better deal, if we don't have this we can't threat BT, Oop's BT-Yahoo different companies. I will attack via the complaints dept via Email and book an appointment to speak to customer services. As I am a Valued customer you know...?

My reason for booking a call, is they have a complaint that they need to deal with. The last time I complained I had 3 people answering my questions, I was not aware of this until the spoke. Problem still not resolved and they don't know how to fix it, so lot's of compensation for me. My problem is I get 100 spams completely free of charge, but there not addressed to me? lol  Grin

I'm not downloading 24/7 but don't like the cap.  

@Sbadvm Hi m8, Yes I agree all attack and get this cap removed.

IP Logged
channel
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #37 - Mar 8th, 2005, 9:43am

Yep Thanks for that Info FB
                                          And let is know how you get on, Ive bookmarked the page here as I too am interested as its a good deal if you down and upload a lot over the month which I do and 30gb is not a lot, The 8mb is not available here either at the moment.

channel

Humax 5400, Irdeto embedded cam, Dragon cam, M11 card, white tit card, fun card, silver card, gold cards, 90cm static dish, triple feed, picks up Astra19.2 East, Thor 1 west , Hotbird 13 East.
  IP Logged
crobin57
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Mar 8th, 2005, 10:33pm

Hi m8's  Grin

As you know I live in the Royal Borough and we were the first peeps to have cash points at there Public Telephone boxes.  8) Kin thing never kin worked.

And I am now interested in this company H spotted, don't get the rat's, I copied and pasted this from there site.

Great news! UK Online Broadband 8000 is available in your area.

You can receive the service and should be able to achieve up to 8Mb download speeds.    

Grin Grin Grin :HORSE::HORSE::HORSE: Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
invalid
(Offline)

Reply #39 - Mar 8th, 2005, 10:41pm

You jammy git  Shocked Grin are you going 4 it then chris

H.

IP Logged
fatbloke
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Mar 9th, 2005, 9:44pm

just tried to sign up for that 2Mbps service and half way through the process it sends me to a signup fir the 512k service, even though their line checker said i could have 2M

it says that they cannot offer an upgrade from their 512 to their 2M service, so basically i've signed up with Pipex instead  Grin

Unlimited 1Mbps for £23 per month
twice the speed i've got now for a fiver per month less  Grin

FB

IP Logged
invalid
(Offline)

Reply #41 - Mar 13th, 2005, 9:53am

Another ISP that might be worth a look
Code:
http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/index.asp 

H.

IP Logged
channel
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #42 - Mar 13th, 2005, 10:05am

Tried this H and cant get higher than 2mb which is £40 Inc vat, Think i`ll keep looking, shame about UK online though as that sounded very good, obviously too good to be true.

Best regards

channel

Humax 5400, Irdeto embedded cam, Dragon cam, M11 card, white tit card, fun card, silver card, gold cards, 90cm static dish, triple feed, picks up Astra19.2 East, Thor 1 west , Hotbird 13 East.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print