Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 29th, 2024, 1:49am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
i been caught by speed camera (Read 9306 times)
locktightT
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: i been caught by speed camera
Reply #15 - Nov 26th, 2004, 11:38pm

Hi m8

Know a few people that use the Dell units, they work fine, not aware of any problems.

NOt sure about how goo the pricing is m8, not had to buy one for a while, when I got my 5450 with TomTom 1, 256mb card and Emtac Bluetooth GPS it had only just been released, paid over £1,000 for it (well the company did Tongue) so all the deals look good!

Have you thought about the TomTom Go unit mate? Know a few people using it who don't need/want the functions of a PDA, the database of POI's for the cameras can be installed on that too, I think you can get them for £410inc VAT now?

Just a thought.

T

PS. Go the new car today, Satnav integrated but not as good as TomTom m8 undecided Takes some beating!

IP Logged
Bobski
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #16 - Nov 27th, 2004, 1:26am

I was looking at the Tomtom Go tonight just as I got the email from you m8  Cheesy

So will the Go unit have all the Speed camera stuff pre installed when brought?
It don’t say nowt about it on the tomtom homepage.

If you have to install the s/w ,how do you go about doing this for this system and do you download it from that link you gave in post 13.

Thanks T   ( I want this system NOW!! :'()

Why do I have to pay to live on a planet I was born on?
WWW   IP Logged
locktightT
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #17 - Nov 27th, 2004, 8:57am

Hi m8

A friend of mine has a TomTom Go, you get a USB lead and some sync software with it, you will need to download the latest Go Software from here this update lets you use customisable POI's (Points of interest) which is basically how the speed cameras etc are stored. It also lets you set up warnings when you are close to one of these "POIs" so you know to slow down Wink

The POI database is the link I gave you earlier in the thread, you will have to delete some of the foreign lanuages (not that they are any use when driving Wink ) to make space for the database but its very easy to do.

T Grin

IP Logged
bud-fzr1000
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #18 - Nov 27th, 2004, 12:47pm

Talking about speeding... i put a post up a few months ago but not heard a thing since... said i wanted to got to court but still waiting ?

http://www.steves-homepage.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display ;num=1089642721

Bud Wink

IP Logged
Bobski
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #19 - Nov 27th, 2004, 7:39pm

Locky T me old m8.. what a result and what a bit of kit!! Grin
Santa came early to this house today and I brought a Tomtom Go ,and the other bit of good news is that the wife's not talking to me !!  wooohooooo  Cheesy

It only comes with a 128 stick and I have downloaded the camera POI files.  
You said that if I deleted some of the foreign lanuages , I could add the camera files to this stick.....Which files do I delete m8.  
I have backed everything up.

Cheers....

BTW......the wife might want a word with you  embarrassed

Sorry Bud..not ignoring your post m8, think you got away with it  Grin

Why do I have to pay to live on a planet I was born on?
WWW   IP Logged
locktightT
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #20 - Nov 27th, 2004, 11:07pm

Bloody ell, not another wife wanting a word with me, it's normally the husband Wink

If I remember rightly there is a folder on the memory card that stores the different languages/voices?

Just leave the english ones unless you save the horny french one for private "carpark" moments!

Should leave enough space for the POI's m8.

T Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print