Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 1:51pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Key stroke prog on my PC today ! (Read 6929 times)
Ghoulie
(Offline)

nil carborundum
illegitimi

Key stroke prog on my PC today !
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:59pm

Just posted this on Dudez also.

Today I have visited the Dudez, f 00kfiles, Steves Homepage, Aerocar site & carplane site only - somehwere in this lot, my PC has had 3 lots of a key stroke surveillance prog installed in the background. Luckily I have av & antispy kit up to my arse - so it was tagged & removed.

Beware folks - frightening what some people are up to in the background.

I did find once before (& posted it on Dudez) that whenever I visited the Dudez site, my Firewall reported a connection to some outfit in Stockport (after tracing via Sygate firewall routing) that read something like 'dapoontang' in its trace info.

Anyone else had strange goings on like this as if someone is trying to track what we're doing.

My Spyware Doctor prog picked todays lot up.

Checking Sygate firewall logs around Steves Homepage contact- there seemed to be some strange attempts from a dutch oufit, also uunet & Sun Technologies whoever they are, plus another strange one traced as 21/10/2004 11:31:03 Allowed 10 Outgoing TCP eriozzthy.anahgdeh.info [65.203.151.182]  

Ghoulie  
View Public Profile  
Send a private message to Ghoulie  
Find More Posts by Ghoulie  
Add Ghoulie to Your Buddy List  

IP Logged
invalid
(Offline)

Re: Key stroke prog on my PC today !
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2004, 1:34pm

Fookfiles m8,i got some unwanted stuff after visiting the site.

H.

IP Logged
Ghoulie
(Offline)

nil carborundum
illegitimi

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2004, 2:09pm

cheers H - glad its not my imagination

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2004, 2:49pm

Quote from Ghoulie   on Oct 21st, 2004, 12:59pm:
Checking Sygate firewall logs around Steves Homepage contact- there seemed to be some strange attempts from a dutch oufit, also uunet & Sun Technologies whoever they are, plus another strange one traced as 21/10/2004 11:31:03 Allowed 10 Outgoing TCP eriozzthy.anahgdeh.info [65.203.151.182]

Hi there

I can assure you there is no spyware/keylogging codes, scripts or viruses running on this website.  

Unlike many other 'popular' forums that run on two-bit servers in someone's bedroom in the middle of nowhere and apparently cost £££'s to run each month, I actually pride myself on the reliability of this site. We operate on dedicated servers at London TeleHouse European. Our server is monitored 24/7 for performance and reliability and our performance is monitored independently at www.webperf.net. (Currently ranked #4 out of 296 hosts)

uunet and Sun Technologies operate out of Telehouse, so are connected with this site.

I have no idea why you are getting connection attempts to a dutch server (it's not coming from here).

eriozzthy.anahgdeh.info is related to a spam harvester (again not coming from here, I would check to see if you have any spyware/viruses on your comp)  

If you find the source of these two, you should be able to find the site that is causing you problems.

Regards

Steve.

'Action is eloquence.' - William Shakespeare
WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
Ghoulie
(Offline)

nil carborundum
illegitimi

Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2004, 5:53pm

cheers steve for clarifying some of these bits.  I definitely have something playing around with my puter. Fcuk knows what it is - but every now & then I get all sorts of funny bits going on - I have all sorts of spyware checking progs - nothing seems to shift whatever it is - I get the same infections keep reappearing.  I have run highjackthis in safe mode etc., dleted all sorts, Spyware Doctor, Spysweeper, Spyware Blaster, XoftSpy, Spybot, Adaware & my Kaspersky labs says I am clean - but then now & again something is stopping me connecting to Kaspersky update site.

IP Logged
Ghoulie
(Offline)

nil carborundum
illegitimi

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2004, 12:32pm

Strangely, I took it in my head to remove Spyblaster prog off my computer - since it kept unticking itself certain dubious sites it was supposed to be protecting me from.  Now find the incidents of suspect infections ahs dropped from 18 to 2.  Could be this was acting as a 'door' for some of the crap

IP Logged
hypnotist
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Just Relax And
Imagine Your Mind is
Mine

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2004, 7:08pm

hi

i have run spyblaster now for some time and i have very little now to remove since the install, which is the opposite from your experience's.

strange but i have only had good results with spyware blaster.

regards

If Only I Knew Yesterday What I Know Today I'd never have clicked that RE-SET TAB.
  IP Logged
Ghoulie
(Offline)

nil carborundum
illegitimi

Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2004, 2:32pm

yep - wierd m8y i agree. Blaster was the only thing that took a download accelerator off my puter. maybe something got into it - I dunno

IP Logged
channel
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #8 - Nov 3rd, 2004, 2:51pm

Read about remote keyloggers here

http://www.spysoftware.com/

Seems they can be put in pc by email, I found three today all remote keylogger entries and deleted them with spywaredocter

The most notable feature about RemoteSpy - it can be sent remotely via email secretly. Once the RemoteSpy file (you create) is executed on a computer, it will continuously record log data on the computer you are monitoring.  

Cloaking Ability - For maximum protection, RemoteSpy will cloak itself - in other words, each time it is executed, it will automatically recreate itself elsewhere on the PC to prevent the software from being removed.

regards

channel

Humax 5400, Irdeto embedded cam, Dragon cam, M11 card, white tit card, fun card, silver card, gold cards, 90cm static dish, triple feed, picks up Astra19.2 East, Thor 1 west , Hotbird 13 East.
  IP Logged
Cor
(Offline)

Reply #9 - Dec 24th, 2004, 11:36am

The bit of "sun" you refer to is java code

The site of fook is clean of that Smiley

It can be picked up on an lot of sites you visited.

As i wrote be4 security is an must now, but an lot of spyproggies now seem to label normal code as malware too..

Using the manually configured hardware firewall from the router, also manually configured Zonalarm Pro, 7 different spyware detection proggies, Trend microscan virus scanner, and several online trojan scanners etc.

Overkill?

nope.

Just trying to stay safe here, and even this is no 100% guarantee i am save....

Cheers,

Cor.

Grin

Echostar AD 3000 IP Magic 1.04 ,Magic 1.02 now Matrix reload, Seca 1.03 Cam, Matrix Cam, Funcards 2 and 4, goldcards, 1.1 Triax dish 0.3 DB INVACOM LNBF 50 east to 50 west Mastera, goldprogramer etc.
  IP Logged
Ghoulie
(Offline)

nil carborundum
illegitimi

Reply #10 - Dec 27th, 2004, 2:53pm

Hi Cor - yep secured up to my nose at the moment.

Hope u had a good Xmas.

Where u at these days ? - Can't believe TC & Kink just dropped off the log. Must be somewhere around

IP Logged
sleepy
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Baldly Going!

Reply #11 - Dec 27th, 2004, 3:09pm

Hi Ghoulie, Toe's is up and running, and dudez is back. Grin

Make It So!
  IP Logged
Ghoulie
(Offline)

nil carborundum
illegitimi

Reply #12 - Dec 29th, 2004, 12:26pm

cheers m8y for advice - cudn't see em lying down somehow

IP Logged
Cor
(Offline)

Reply #13 - Dec 29th, 2004, 12:48pm

Yep,  

Nice Xmas, now having the F***** flu.....

Up to my nose in anti spyware proggies, but using Mozilla as browser helps

The I.E explorer of microshite is full of security holes like an Swiss cheese....

Cheers,

Cor.

Echostar AD 3000 IP Magic 1.04 ,Magic 1.02 now Matrix reload, Seca 1.03 Cam, Matrix Cam, Funcards 2 and 4, goldcards, 1.1 Triax dish 0.3 DB INVACOM LNBF 50 east to 50 west Mastera, goldprogramer etc.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print