Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Sep 20th, 2020, 2:08pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sad days (Read 2204 times)
gss
(Offline)
God

time to be a devil

sad days
Oct 14th, 2004, 7:38pm

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(not been on site for past week as I had to have my pet dog put to sleep , :'( :'( :'(, she was 15 yrs old but god it hurts,never realised how much I'd miss her :'(

IP Logged
Hamrag1
(Offline)
God

Re: sad days
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2004, 7:44pm

Know how you feel Gss - had to have our cat put down 12 months ago, but still miss him.

The worst part of the experience was signing the Vet's form -  made me feel like an executioner.

Hamrag1

IP Logged
channel
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #2 - Oct 15th, 2004, 6:07pm

I lost my Black Lab a few years ago, she was only 3 years, but what hurt the most is she`d wondered into an HGV wash I was using and I wasnt watching, she got crushed. cant remember anything else hurting that much as I felt so irresponsible. We got over it and now have another of the same breed shes fantastic but she`ll never replace the loss of my first dog

regards

channel

Humax 5400, Irdeto embedded cam, Dragon cam, M11 card, white tit card, fun card, silver card, gold cards, 90cm static dish, triple feed, picks up Astra19.2 East, Thor 1 west , Hotbird 13 East.
  IP Logged
gss
(Offline)
God

time to be a devil

Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2004, 8:25pm

thanks for the words lads i can relate to how you feel don't know how people cope who loose a close family member,mind you i suppose your pet is,still can't believe how much  we miss her.

IP Logged
blue604
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2004, 8:00pm

:'(Worst memory I've got is taking our lab/colly cross to the vet for that injection.
She grew up with my offspring and had reached 18...it was like a family death for months.
Years later and I still slice an extra bit of cheese to toss....and sometimes think if I'm out strolling it would be special to have her back.
If somebody had told me I'd still miss her after all this time, I'd have called rubbish.....a really sad time for a guy, the loss of his best friend. :'(

IP Logged
gss
(Offline)
God

time to be a devil

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2004, 10:24pm

people think your mad cause its just a dog,but their love for you is unconditional ,there always therefor you ,last to see you off ,first to see you home,go anywhere any time with you,trust you completley AND ALWAYS MAKE YOU SMILE, more than a best friend.
Thats it i'm off to get me a new furrrrrrrrrrrrrrry friend Smiley

IP Logged
hypnotist
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Just Relax And
Imagine Your Mind is
Mine

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2004, 2:11pm

hi mate

i lost my cocker spaniel in march only 5 with slipped disc in her neck and trapped her spine.

have a new one now but you'll never forget the other

regards

If Only I Knew Yesterday What I Know Today I'd never have clicked that RE-SET TAB.
  IP Logged
bikefan
(Offline)

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2004, 6:13pm

The best thing you can do is straight away get to the
dogs home and get another.It won`t make any  
difference in that the loss is as bad but it helps knowing
you have saved the life of another.Got my first
Staffy cross from the dogs home for a guard dog.The
owner of the kennels did`nt like the idea but suddenly
changed his mind.She stayed at my shop for 6 days,but I could`nt stand the crying and mess.She nearly chewed
through the door.She came home then and when left
once pulled the curtains down,made messes every now
and then.Hated being left.I had her for nearly 16 years Had to have her put to sleep eventually as her kidneys were failing.Had been for a year.Its funny but both I and her knew it was time.
     My next dog a Rotty cross,same size as a small
Labrador.Had her for a day under a month before the
owners turned up.The dogs home said I did`nt have to
give her back but if the boot was on the other foot I
would have desperately wanted her.After that I decided
I was going to buy a puppy as if you got it from the breeder nobody could have it back.
Did`nt count on the past owner of the Rotty cross as
she got in touch with the local animal lifeline and explained.Ended up with another Staffy cross that had
been in kennels nearly a year that nobody wanted.
She customized my car,all the door trims,seat covers
and totalled the dash.Priced it up at well over 2000.
People were surprised I still have the dog after that.
If you had the choice the money or the dog I would have the dog everytime.
Try not to think of your loss and get another dog,would`nt hesitate.
bikefan  

IP Logged
Ghoulie
(Offline)

nil carborundum
illegitimi

Reply #8 - Oct 21st, 2004, 10:01am

Cat man meself - but love dogs too - but the missus h8s dogs & they know it !

had some cracking cats - but as u all well know - their lives are way too short - altho last one woz 15 when he had to go to the big catflap in the sky.

Had gr8 uncle years ago who imported animals - so when I woz 16 I asked him if he could get me one of those black panthers (like u do at that age !). Sure he said - have you got the 80 a week it takes to keep one. Being still at school I had to decline.

Now, I would love a cheetah.  Went into a zoo pen with some in South Africa about 5 years back. Fabulous creatures.

IP Logged
gss
(Offline)
God

time to be a devil

Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2004, 5:31pm

got me a black and white baby springer spaniel so cute it could make you cry, pissing and shitting every where into everything niking anything it can get its needle like teeth into and chewing it to tiny pieces, love its giant little paws, Grin Grin Grin happy days are here again la la la la la la la la happy days are here again Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print