Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 8:00pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Rules ??? (Read 26285 times)
Shriver
(Offline)

Re: Rules ???
Reply #45 - Jun 5th, 2004, 1:32pm

Everyone should be able to distinguish the differance between being courtious and and being plain disrespectfull.
Maybe I'm missing the point of your post, but do you believe I have been in any way discourtious or as you say 'rude' at any point in this topic ... so far, I'm a little confused as to why you made such remarks.
If it was about the earlier post regarding mods, I have as I suspect many of you have encountered quite a few  individuals ( many are indeed mods, albeit on other boards ) who try and impress others with some of the most illogical responces known to man or beast,as to why they should be banned. It seems many boards forget their roots and how in the start they would go out of their way to help and support members, now they have made a name for themselves they treat members with nothing more than contempt.
Luckily these boards are few and far between, but still thy are out there,doing little for harmony between other sat related sites and forums, instead of looking at them as allies, they treat them as a threat, not a very wise move, as we all rely on other sources for hobby,regardless of who you are,or how big / popular your site may be, and thats a shame.

IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #46 - Jun 5th, 2004, 2:21pm

Mods in name only here, we just check everything is running smoothly, none of the mods on this site are any different to the members and we certainly dont let it go to our heads, if we did we wouldn't be mods for long, steve would see to that!
If you stick around long enough you will soon get the jest of the way we do things and what seems to be out of reach at the moment will become clear (if you get my point)
My point was that yes, you do seem a bit discourtious, for someone that has just joined our forum, rubbing members and mods up the wrong way with some of your remarks and your first post probably wasn't a good way to start, however, with that past heres to a happy and long future with steves-homepage.
haga

IP Logged
Shriver
(Offline)

Reply #47 - Jun 5th, 2004, 2:40pm

Thanks for the welcome it is appreciated  Smiley,  but on a more relevant point, would you condone new members to make a somewhat false first post, just to get on the good side of others, would it not make more sence for people to be honest and post what they believe to be relevant to them at the time of posting (within reason of course) I take people how I find them, and hope they do the same, starting off with a nice, sweet. polite post, just to impress or to be accepted by others,  is not in my book a wise move,as one can easily get lulled into a false sence of security, and thats as bad as judging a book by it's cover ...  Wink

IP Logged
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

Reply #48 - Jun 5th, 2004, 2:54pm

Hi friends

Just another CD....No further comments. I do not think I am far wrong!

What say you?

Just an oldie....Long in the tooth and still friendly.

Hope that peace ends up on my forum.....Just as per usual...Keith

P.S. It might be a good idea if you checked your spelling. You aint a sibling of Bri are you? (local joke!)

....Fukc this.  Where is that button. :'( :'( :'(

Shame realy, I think that the gentleman is quite well educated and has a good command of the English Language. What I do not want is any hassle or bad words. Yes! I have opened a can and perchance I am one over the eight. He does appear educated in the world of satellite TV, however, but so are many that use this forum.

Enough is enough.

@ Shiver..... Keep your mouth shut and read our posts for the next week ( do not post!) and you will see that we are friendly and helpfull. If you can't keep your big mouth shut, you know what will transpire....I do not think that you are stupid.......So far, that is the way that you sound.

Just Keith

Just want to make clear what is what.

Seeds ye sow, another reaps; /
  IP Logged
Shriver
(Offline)

Reply #49 - Jun 5th, 2004, 3:08pm

I seem to have rattled someone's cage, cant think why ...
as far as not posting but just to read, can't do that, I'm not here to leech but contribute when ever possible, and yes I do get that warm feeling of the friendlines from you in the cockles of my heart ...  Grin

IP Logged
Shriver
(Offline)

Reply #50 - Jun 5th, 2004, 3:10pm

Quote from bigglesk   on Jun 5th, 2004, 3:05pm:
@Shriver

Piss-off....Just read your last post

Why would I wish to read what I wrote ?

IP Logged
Termy
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #51 - Jun 5th, 2004, 3:16pm

As regards to your comment about making a flase first post m8, all you need to do is say Hi, my interestest are xxxx.

You did however (or it seems to me as if you did) post with all guns blazing.

There are quite a few people on here who are straight to the point, but you seem to be a little more than that. You seem to want to keep digging the hole.

There are very few rules we have here, and the ones we have are there for a reason. If they are broken then one of the Mods/Admin will step n and take the appropriate action.

Can I suggest that you just calm down on the straight talk and take time out to get to know the people who are here.

I bet youre stay will be a more enjoyable one.  Grin  Grin

WWW Termy   IP Logged
Shriver
(Offline)

Reply #52 - Jun 5th, 2004, 3:30pm

If you analyse my posts you will see I was calm on writing them, and still am calm, but as this seems to be getting a little out of control, by some, it may be wise to call it a day on this subject, as we do seem to have exhausted all avenue's concerning my initial post.
I thank you all for you'r feedback, it has been enlightening to say the least.   Wink

Cheers
Shriver

IP Logged
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

Reply #53 - Jun 5th, 2004, 3:33pm

@Shriver
You have so many posts in the last two/three days which is more than any one else......Are you related to CD?   Please advise.

Keith.
P.S.
 I can take the piss as well....You are not alone. It would be interesting if you crossed swords with some of our other members..... What will now transpire?

Just... bigglesk (Watch Invalid however, he may just make a point!!!) It is enterrtaining though!

IP Logged
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

Reply #54 - Jun 5th, 2004, 3:37pm

Just seen your last post.

All the very best to you.....Change your name and come back....Would like for you to help me with my problem.

Not sure if you will see this...The very best and happy days.

Keith

IP Logged
Shriver
(Offline)

Reply #55 - Jun 5th, 2004, 3:39pm

Can you be more spacific, as to who is CD.
As far as I'm aware, I have never come across anyone using that particular psydonym, do that person use any other psydonym ?

IP Logged
gonawayuk
(Offline)

It's the weather

Reply #56 - Jun 5th, 2004, 3:45pm

I Have kept very quiet on this thread and been following with interest the comments made. I will make one last post on this thread and then lock it as it seems to be leading to poor comments and shades of you know where.

@ Shiver  
As other mods have already commented all are welcome at steve's and you have managed to assist at least one member in your short time here which I thank you for.

@all
If any member Old or New post's comments liable to cause arguments to begin then you all know the end result, out comes the Ban Button. We allow you all to hold your own opinions and can air them within reason.

Gonawayuk

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print