Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 1:29pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pc had it (Read 2033 times)
bill2000
(Offline)
God
Cardshare

pc had it
Mar 26th, 2004, 7:18pm

Hi all,

I will be awol till next week as the pc that is connected to broadband, yes the one that's new but has been doing my head in has had it.
Tried installing a fix...well xp disc repair, but it keeps restarting like it has been doing all week, then got a big blue screen of death telling me that I had a driver problem which I've had before this week, but by this time it is stuck in a circle of trying to install and then shutting down so I can't get back to my h/d etc.

Harry ......before you shunt this down to the pc section, mail me your addy and I will post that film down to you mate, as I probably won't be baqck on the hub till next week as I think I have a knackered m/board.

I will call in on this dial up now and again to check mail etc.

laters

Bill

www.costacartridge.com or contact Bill; costacartridge@gmail.com or phone the shop +34 633 0800 33
WWW bill2000   IP Logged
Termy
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: pc had it
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2004, 7:44pm

A m8 of mine had probs with his puter shutting down after a clean install of xp. The problem was when Windows connected to the net it was d/l a virus straight away.He turned his B/B modem off and formatted/re-installed XP all was ok again

May be worth a try m8. Keep your modem turned off until Windows has finished installing.

WWW Termy   IP Logged
gorth
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Sweden, home of AIK!

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2004, 8:32pm

Hi m8's,

Looks like a touch of our old friend Klez  Wink Bill m8, dl from Symantech or software folder in my share. A m8 of mine got it after 2 mins on Internet without protection the other day.

File called: "FixKlez.com"

gorth 8) 8) 8)

I am not as good as I once was, but am good once as I ever was.
  IP Logged
invalid
(Offline)

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2004, 10:03pm

Get your self sorted m8,i can wait till your back on the hub.

H.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print