Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 6:25pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cost of s*y (Read 3649 times)
bikefan
(Offline)

Cost of s*y
Nov 8th, 2003, 1:23pm

I fail to understand why people don`t cancel their
subscriptions after complaining of repeats and S*y
forever increasing the costs.I read on one board it
was going up again.
The days of good quality pictures are gone,can any
one remember the quality of France Supervision broadcast in wide screen D2 mac.{it was in the clear}
The digital pictures feature slow data rates generally
compared to dvd giving far less contrast and generally
a "naff" picture at least compared with dvd and what
we used to get.
S*y supply loads of channels ,but little quality choice.
To get me to subscribe I would want far fewer channels
with good content and a realistic cost.
         Sorry to rant on but satellite to me is going totaly
the wrong way and nobody is trying to change its direction.
 Any body feel the same? Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: Cost of s*y
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2003, 1:31pm

I remember france supervision, paris permiere etc on D2 mac, fantastic picture quality for the times.

I think a lot of people put up with sly because they dont realise there are alternatives out there! Wink

'Action is eloquence.' - William Shakespeare
WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
BUNTER
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2003, 3:14pm

you have it in a nutshell steve the amount of mates I have that claim to know about satellite is scary sky know this and if only there was more forums out there then it would not take that long to get the word out there was another way

although "whatsat" mag has a lot to answer for there as they cant make up their minds what side they are on,,,sorry should have said depending on how much sky spent that month on their advirtising in their mag!,,,lol

bri

PS sky are sh*te anyway,oh and when he launched sky news what did he say "there will no adverts ever to be shown on this channel" yeh m8,we know! Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged
gonawayuk
(Offline)

It's the weather

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2003, 4:16pm

The real attraction of sly is not what is on but the cost of the initial outlay to the customer, but the catch is they are paying on the never never system for total rubbish. Those who have the sense to work out the costs of going independent are the ones getting value for money.

Cost of basic Satallite system is around £400-£500 depending on whether you go motorised or not.

cost of Sly:- basic install cost was £50 plus a months charge in advance. Even less when they offer free installation. Now the catch comes in :-

1st year full package £38 x 12 = £456 + cost of extra events.

2nd year same as first and continues each year except when the increase the cost of the packages.

So 1 year    £456
     2 years  £912
     3 years £1386
     4 years £1824
     5 years £2298

Know wonder Murdock lives in Luxury and laughs all the way to the Bank after the first year.

gonawayuk

IP Logged
LYONKING
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2003, 7:37pm

unfortunately TV is these days run by accountants and more channels equalls more money but less technical quallity.good old PAL transmisions would knock the socks off todays digital transmissions.
But we can all rest assured the planned subscription increase is going to make things so much better, or maybe towards the salary of Mr. Muurdochs latest recruit, his son!

IP Logged
crobin57
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2003, 10:33pm

Hi m8's  Grin

Recently had a letter from sky, they will be increasing it's monthly charge to £40 per month as from December 2003. Then they try to convince there customers what a wonderfull service they provide.

IP Logged
sleepy
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Baldly Going!

Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2003, 10:41pm

I remember British Satellite Broadcasting, the picture quality was out of this world, then sky took control and f'd it all up. Sad

Make It So!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print