Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 11:18pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some reasons why Frank Bruno was sectioned (Read 3164 times)
Hokey
Ex Member

Some reasons why Frank Bruno was sectioned
Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:13pm

Err, if these are signs of "madness", where does it put Peter Sutcliffe (the Yorkshire Ripper), or Fred West?  Roll Eyes

Some reasons why Frank Bruno was sectioned:

1) "He hardly ever went outside his house."  
Well, since he has a 25 bedroom mansion, it's not like he was cooped up in a one bedroom council flat!  Grin

2) "He slept in his garden in a tent." Yeah, but how big was the tent? And have you seen the size of his garden? It's massive! Maybe it was a hot day and he felt like camping in his own grounds. That isn't mad!  Grin

3) "He's had mood swings." Again, nothing wrong with that. He has just divorced the only woman he ever loved and was married for 23 years.  

4) "He wanted to make a return to boxing." Again, who can blame him. Some of these American fights pay up to $20 million for one fight! Frank was left with a £3 million legal bill after his divorce.

5) "He was riding a bike with no shoes on." Well, I did that on a holiday in France. Jeeze, it was a hot day! Grin

Seems Frank Bruno is more sane than he has ever been! Shocked

Hokey.

IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: Some reasons why Frank Bruno was sectioned
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2003, 4:40pm

The tent that he slept in was in fact the last ring that he had a fight in, and he had it put under canvas, he used to shadow box every day and was always surrounded by hangers on, people could drive up to his house and watch him, I went to his house once to repair something and he was there, nice bloke, kept rambling on a bit about nothing in particular, his mrs was there and what a dragon, she yelled "Frank" when she wanted him and he was shit scared of her, I have spoken to some of his neighbours and all have said that she was the most horrible person you could meet.
Nutty? aren't we all
haga

IP Logged
Termy
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2003, 5:48pm

Quote from Hokey   on Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:13pm:

5) "He was riding a bike with no shoes on." Well, I did that on a holiday in France. Jeeze, it was a hot day! Grin

Seems Frank Bruno is more sane than he has ever been! Shocked

Hokey.

Yeah but he still had his gumshield in and apparently he even had his gloves on once.

Stll a shame for the poor guy though.

WWW Termy   IP Logged
Govon
(Offline)

Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2003, 7:29pm

Well what ever the reasons for him being sectioned lets hope he makes a speedy recovery.
If he had a physical illness instead of a mental illness people would probably be more sympathetic and support him.
Having had a close friend with similar problems i know how hard it is for his family and friends at this time.
We will probably start reading all sorts of things in some of the press about his behavior leading up to his breakdown 95% you can take with a pinch of salt.
They love to kick a man when he's down and out, no pun intended and jump on and off the band wagon when it suits them.
Govon

IP Logged
hypnotist
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Just Relax And
Imagine Your Mind is
Mine

Reply #4 - Sep 24th, 2003, 7:56pm

lets not forget he was the world heavyweight champion and such a nice bloke we all cheered him on and now the press put a head line on the front page which doesn't do him justice.

get well soon old son

regards

If Only I Knew Yesterday What I Know Today I'd never have clicked that RE-SET TAB.
  IP Logged
Hokey
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2003, 9:12am

Yeah, a speedy recovery, but from what I heard of his Radio 5 interview, he sounded the most altogether in his life.
Hokey.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print