Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 2:11pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scart Lead Help Please (Read 3292 times)
fatbloke
Ex Member

Scart Lead Help Please
Aug 3rd, 2003, 4:45pm

am trying to connect my sammy and my echostar receivers and my VCR to my TV which only has one scart socket.
have bought one of those multiple scart connector things from maplin.
when i have connected it all up the sammy works fine, i'm getting poor colours and no audio from the echostar and the vcr just swamps everything.
which wires do i need to cut to make things work
fatbloke

IP Logged
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Re: Scart Lead Help Please
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2003, 5:59pm

Try this.. works for meSmiley

If you have two digital boxes, but your TV only has one scart. You can connet your two receivers like this:

First take out all scart leads from your two receivers, and the scart lead from your VCR.

Then with the first scart lead, this needs to go from the TV scat socket on your Eechostar box, to the scart socket on your TV.

The next scart lead needs to go from the VCR scart of your Eechostar box to the TV scart on your Samsung box.  

And then the last scart lead needs to go from your VCR scart socket on your Samsung box, to your video.

This works for me (on my Sammy and Gundig freeview box), and I even get RGB on the two boxesSmiley

If that does not work, try it the other way round, starting with your Samsung box, with the first scart lead, going from the TV scat socket on your Samsung box, to the scart socket on your TV and so on....

CD

IP Logged
gonawayuk
(Offline)

It's the weather

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2003, 8:36pm

Hi fatbloke

The easiest way to connect up Sammy, Echo star,VCR and TV:-

Requirements 1 switchable scart A and B inputs and one output.

sammy to A input, echostar to B input, Output to VCR input, then VCR to TV.

to be able to watch either channel on the TV whilst recording on the other you will need to loop the Arial feeds as follows:-

TV arial to Sammy arial IN, Sammy arial OUT to Echo star IN, Echo Out to VCR IN, VCR OUT to TV IN.

Then tune you TV channels as required to the Sammy, Echostar and VIdeo.

I have the same units and they work a treat this way.
I even have a swithbox in the loop to use my capture card for writing films to CDI/DVD and a feed for the DVB card as well.

gonawayuk

IP Logged
fatbloke
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2003, 9:20pm

should have mentioned my VCR has only one scart socket as well so your method won't work dave
will try CD's method when i get a minute
fatbloke

IP Logged
gonawayuk
(Offline)

It's the weather

Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2003, 9:18am

Try reading again the ability to record from either receiver is done through the Switchable Scart socket, No interference this way. This can be got from Argus at about £8-9 check the catalogue.

The viewing of either sammy, echo star, VCR on the TV is done by the arial lead connections and the TV channels tuned as follows:-  

Channel 6 VCR
Channel 7 Sammy
Channel 8 Echo star
Channels 1 to 5 are as normal

The freqencies of each are well clear of each other, so no ghosting on the channels.

The 3 fly leads required are male - female

No need to connect a scart to the TV.

gonawayuk

IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2003, 4:44pm

hi gonawayuk m8

in your case you will loose Stereo !(audio will remain in mono)so scart is still the best solution for me.it works great on my philips tv.

reg

HDTV based on CS is future
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print