Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 29th, 2024, 11:46am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do not post about Nesat.... (Read 10112 times)
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Do not post about Nesat....
Aug 1st, 2003, 6:32pm

It seams that If you post (on the internet) about nesat or even just there name they will prosecute you!

Simply the guy I got my first card (Conax) from rang nesat and told them I'd posted their name on his board.  

I rang nesat about my card, and he asked what my name was on that board, and he went mad! VERY MAD.

He said 'are the Idiot who posted our name on that board'? Nesat said that I should not post anything about them or not even there name on the Internet.

He also said, can we have your address so we can prosecute you?

Now all, when I got the card from them (emaild and rang them), should they not of said, 'don't post our name or anything about us on the internet?

CD

IP Logged
fatbloke
Ex Member

Re: Do not post about Nesat....
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2003, 6:43pm

what exactly are they threatening to prosecute you with ?
are they saying that you bought a card from them, which is probably illegal for them to sell, and they don't like you telling other people.
phone them back and tell them to fcuk off
they want publicity about this sort of stuff like they want a hole in the head.
i'm sure their local trading standards officer would be very interested in what they sell.
next time they threaten you, threaten them right back
fatbloke

IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2003, 6:49pm

If thats the case and they read this, prosecute me nesat! you tucked my mate up over the MM, and I'll post anywhere they may read it. As fatbloke says, fcuk them, if they offer bad service and don't want to see their name in print, treat customers properly!
haga

IP Logged
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2003, 6:56pm

They are not prosecuting me, but did say 'what is your address'... and that was it. But he did go mad, and not just cos I posted about the Dream card, he seamed to be more mad about me posting there name on the Internet. He said don't post anything about us, and remove your posts from that board!!

Now if it was just about the card, then I'd understand, but what's wrong with posting there name and what they sell as long as it's not anything illegal?

If they did't want any one to no about them (on the internet) why do they have a web site, and why when you 'seach' the internet, typeing 'North East Satellite' does that come up?

When they first started to sell the 'new dream card' it was in big latters on there site: NEW CONX DREAM CARDS.

CD

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2003, 7:01pm

What board did you post on?

'Action is eloquence.' - William Shakespeare
WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2003, 7:02pm

This one 'PENTACARD SUPPORT'

http://www.xsorbit4.com/users/pentasupport/index.cgi

All! I don't want nesat to find out that I'm still posting about them! I don't want them to prosecute!

CD

IP Logged
blue604
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2003, 7:25pm

undecidedBit confusing this one? They would have to be first in the line.
 Perhaps they expect a bit of hush when they sell anything illegal, or is it?
 Risky business selling grey area stuff over the net....so they have only themselves to blame, and if their good name gets tarnished it was themselves who took the risks.
 undecided

IP Logged
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 1st, 2003, 7:27pm

But you can't even post just there name or anything about them thats non illegal undecided

CD

IP Logged
blue604
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 1st, 2003, 7:37pm

Roll EyesCrossdynamite,
                              whenever something goes onto the internet it is game for all sorts of abuse.
 They can force the website into taking off offensive posts or posts they feel may damage their business, but they cannot force any website to do this without good reason......it does not cross borders, so if the site is in the States for example, it would not be worth their while bothering......in most cases they would be bankrupt before the thing was settled, but most would sooner send a couple of heavy's to sort out offenders than face court costs.
 Lots of website prov. have contracts with these details written into them, and people who hire webspace usually agree to these terms before signing up.
 undecided

IP Logged
gorth
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Sweden, home of AIK!

Reply #9 - Aug 1st, 2003, 9:36pm

Hi m8's,

This explains why the NESAT thread disappeared. Grin

gorth 8) 8) 8)

I am not as good as I once was, but am good once as I ever was.
  IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #10 - Aug 1st, 2003, 10:06pm

@gorth, ?

IP Logged
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 1st, 2003, 11:35pm

What I forgot to say is, the reason why I rang nesat in the first place:

The first card I orderd on an internet web site never came till last month (12 month wait), so thats why I got the card from nesat.

The guy on the other board (who sold me the card I waited 12 months for) said that the card he sells was the same as the one nesat were selling.

I told him that it may not be the same, as he said that the card I got from him would need to go back and be changed fo the Vr3 card, and nesat had not said anything about changing there cards. I told him also, that the nesat card came program, and he said all Pentacards come blank. (That's why I thought It may not be same card)

I emaild nesat, (last night), and they said: 'our card is nothing to do with the penta versions, and an update (if needed) will be supplied when they chang to cass 5.

So I put a post on the other board just saying what they had said, but the mod of that board said they were lying.

He then PM me and told me  he had rang them, and that the card was the same as he was selling and they would be changing there cards next week.

He also said that they were not happy about me posting about them.

I rang them just to make sure he was telling the truth, and you no the story, but when I asked them If they were changing there cards next week, the guy just said if your card ever goes off when they change to Cass 5 just send it back to them.

The guy at nesat did not really want to no why I'd rang them, he just want on and on about me posting about them on that board.

What did he want me to do, just wait tell my card went off? If you have two people telling you different you want to no who’s telling the truth.

CD

IP Logged
gorth
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Sweden, home of AIK!

Reply #12 - Aug 1st, 2003, 11:52pm

@haga,
My mistake m8. There's a thread about difference between VR2 and 3 by CD and nesat is mentioned in that one and the thread was immediatly locked. I just got my wires crossed. Wink

gorth 8) 8) 8)

I am not as good as I once was, but am good once as I ever was.
  IP Logged
BUNTER
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:01am

I took up hagas m8`s case and asked for a full refund on his m8`s behalf from nesat and the way they have behaved since has been dissgracefull I for one wont buy another thing from them nor will I be recomending any one from going to them.

as far as the company selling conax cards go remember what it says on their site regarding this sale-we will try and give suppport if it goes off but under no circumstances will we offer a refund if the card stops working suddenly,it makes you want to forget splashing out £320 for one does it. Roll Eyes Angry Angry

its on their members site so it aint no big secret if a company openly advertises on the web then they have to fall on their own sword not some one elses.

ofcourse you could always mention the sale of goods act to them if you purchase from the uk or if your using a debit card make sure its by mastercard and not visa...:lol:

bri Angry Angry Sad

IP Logged
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Aug 3rd, 2003, 9:24pm

Update: Email I (today) got from nesat:

We have NO IDEA what we are doing next week + we are not really interested until there is something to be intrested about, please wait until our crystal ball arrives and try not to worry so much - stress kills.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So nesat are telling the guy (on that other board) they are changeing Conax Cards next week (this week coming)

And to me, they can't even tell me if they are or not, or if my card will still work with Cass 5.

If it does stop, they won't get a very nice phone call from me then!!

CD

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print