Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 5:36pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What size dish for 1W? (Read 9843 times)
crossdynamite
Ex Member

What size dish for 1W?
Jun 15th, 2003, 7:00pm

I live in Blackpool, and want to know (about) what size dish would I really need to get all 1W... The reson I'm asking is, for some reason (for the last 4 months, with the new LMB I have), been able to get TP: 12303 V and 12456 V with my 80cm dishSmiley

I did not really no If the picture would break up or not, but now I've got my Dream card, I get the channels stay on (most) of the timeSmiley

I don't really want the other TP, but if I could I'd like to make the signal stronger on the ones I can get. Is there any way that I can with out getting a bigger dish?

CD

IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Re: What size dish for 1W?
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2003, 7:46pm

Hi m8

thats another bul**** of you!You paid(i doubt that you did)so much for your dream card and you dont want the other transponders ?Stop it!

HDTV based on CS is future
  IP Logged
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2003, 8:19pm

I get everting thats English on 1W, apart from 3 channels, so why would I want the others?

If your thinking of channels such as Eurosport, Extreme Sports and Bloomberg TV, well I can't get them at 1W, but I can on other satellites.

CD

IP Logged
ianskill
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2003, 9:06pm

i cant see it possible to get all the channels on 1west with an 80cm.i'm in st.helens using a 1.5m and just about get thor 3 at 35% signal on a*ult channel.of course thats when co*ax was working.you could improve slightly i think with a .3 lnb,but at the end of the day a bigger dish is the only solution i'm afraid

u know me!i like free tv
  IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2003, 9:14pm

hi cd  

people want  these channels at:

11403 and 11421 (kiosks),11278 (c + for movies and Premier league)12322 for same reason,and 11229 for man u tv,so if you bought your card to NOT watch these channels so i leave it to rest of the board to judge your mental state!
reg

HDTV based on CS is future
  IP Logged
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2003, 9:37pm

I was going to comment about the missing first post but can't be bothered.

Seeds ye sow, another reaps; /
  IP Logged
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2003, 9:57pm

hmmSad the TP's I said were from 12226 V and upSad The PPV and Football are on these I can get!...you need to read what  I put before you reply....

The PPV and Football are not on the last 5 TP's are they, so the board does not need to judge my mental stateSad

What I asked was... what size dish should I need for 12303 V and 12456 V, and I just said that I don't really want the others.

I get on my system159 English channels, so I don't really need another 3 channels - TV 2 (Norway), TV Norge and TV 4!

CD

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2003, 10:07pm

Those transponders are on Thor 3.

Where you are you will only be getting about 40-42dBW of signal.

In dish size terms you are looking at least a 1.8m dish to get a reliable signal in all weather conditions. You might get away with a 1.5 and a .3LNB but you will probably have problems in bad weather.

If you're picking them up with a 80cm dish you must have your dish set up very well to be pulling them in.

Steve.

'Action is eloquence.' - William Shakespeare
WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #8 - Jun 15th, 2003, 10:12pm

Here's the footprint for the transponders you are getting - as you can see as far as they are concerned you should get no coverage!

WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
orse
(Offline)
God

Reply #9 - Jun 15th, 2003, 10:31pm

Hi all  
       Im in the west country (drink up thee cider~) and i`v got a 1m dish and can only pick them up early hours of the day 1am-8am with clear a sky and it still brakes up :'( so with a 80cm your doing well Shocked

orse.

Dreambox 7000s + (softcam) 21.5E----30.0W
  IP Logged
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2003, 11:59am

If I should not be able to get the TP's I said, then how I'm I getting them... If people with a bigger dish can't?

I'm not saying I'm getting a signal all the time, but I can get TP: 12303 V for most of the day, and TP 12456 V I some times only get for part of the day.

If I can get these, then why can't I get the others If the footprint is the same?

CD

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #11 - Jun 16th, 2003, 12:58pm

Which ones cant you get? Not all TP's have the same footprint!

A satellite footprint is not like the nice curves you see on the official sites, it's more like a big zig-zag 'splat' with spikes going off in all directions.

You may just be lucky and happen to be in one of these 'spikes' of the footprint.

You could also be experiencing LNB 'hot spots' where the sensitivity of the LNB is a lot better at certain frequencies and worse on others.

Steve.

crossdynamite
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 16th, 2003, 1:25pm

On Canal Digital I can't get TP's: 12226 V, 12322 H and 12476 H

CD

IP Logged
kc
(Offline)
God

Reply #13 - Jun 16th, 2003, 2:11pm

Must say Steve, you are a very patient man.

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #14 - Jun 16th, 2003, 3:47pm

Hi

They are all on the same footprint so you should be able to pick them up the same as the ones you are already getting.

It sounds to me your LNB or cable that you are using is working better on some frequencies and not on others.

Steve.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print