Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 12:56pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Viasat and F1 (Read 3245 times)
sbadvm
(Offline)
Administrator

Viasat and F1
Mar 8th, 2003, 1:18am

Modern Times Group MTG AB, the international media group, announced that Viasat Broadcasting has signed an agreement with Bernie Ecclestone’s Formula 1 Management to acquire exclusive rights to broadcast coverage of the 16 Grand Prix that make up the 2003 Formula 1 Motor Racing World Championship.

Modern Times Group MTG AB, the international media group, announced that Viasat Broadcasting has signed an agreement with Bernie Ecclestone’s Formula 1 Management to acquire exclusive rights to broadcast coverage of the 16 Grand Prix that make up the 2003 Formula 1 Motor Racing World Championship.  

Each race will be broadcast live in Denmark on the Viasat 3+ channel. In addition, live coverage of the Friday and Saturday qualifying sessions will also be aired on ‘Viasat Sport’ in Denmark.

The Australian Grand Prix is the first race of the new season and takes place on Sunday 9 March in Melbourne. 3+ will not only broadcast race coverage but also feature post race interviews with the winning drivers of the 2003 drivers’ championship.  

sbadvm  8)

IP Logged
blue604
Ex Member

Re: Viasat and F1
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2003, 2:52pm

Roll EyesI don't know if this is good news or not for those outside these regions.......they will have to go a long way to improving the coverage from Prem Wor*d last night....the camera work was superb. Smiley

IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2003, 10:13pm

hi blue m8

is it not strange that  swedish company(provider)will not have live transmissions on Formule one?But it will be on 3+ (Viasat denmark package)?
And there is not any info about that on Viasat swedens channels (tele text).

But i can watch it on Tv 4 sweden too.I have to be waken to watch the first race of the year.

regards

HDTV based on CS is future
  IP Logged
blue604
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2003, 10:57am

SmileyBelmando mate,
                            what I notice from our side of the water, is, mainly with Norway......it seems to be a nanny state(ie; it does not let the people decide what to watch) even worse than u.k.
 You see things on Swedish or Danish tv and then the same in Norway and by the time  Norwegian tv shows it, it has been censored. This must be a pain  for people living in Norway who can watch Swedish tv.
 Is this my imagination, or does this really happen? Roll Eyes

IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2003, 2:57pm

our norwegian m8s will answer that ,i hope.

I have no idea ,it seems that swedes are more  free than our neighbours.

regards

HDTV based on CS is future
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print