Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Apr 16th, 2024, 7:02pm
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
magazines (Read 13575 times)
sbadvm
(Offline)
Administrator

magazines
Mar 8th, 2003, 1:06am

we all buy em from time to time.Just wondering which ones people read and how often you get them. Roll Eyes

I know that I spend a bloody fortune on em  Grin

Everything from pc to satellite...bikes to home cinema.I never throw em away either.My missus keeps telling me the attic is going to collapse one day and we'll be covered up to our eyes  Grin Grin

sbadvm

IP Logged
Tucker
(Offline)
God

Just Keep Taking The
Right Stuff !! And
Stay Alive

Re: magazines
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2003, 1:37am

Well I go a couple of months with nothing, then usually go to Asda and buy a few PC Mags (mind you they can be "browsed" in Asda for free !) . I get the lad a few PSX2 mags when they have a free playable (good) demo disc again no regular pattern.

Cheers Trev.

Email   IP Logged
Markymarc
(Offline)
Media Exchange Member

Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2003, 1:54am

Well I subscribe to Maxin, I used to get the usual PC and Car mags, but I dont bother with these anymore, taking up far to much space, mags and gadgets everywhere  Grin Grin

Marc

IP Logged
ianskill
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2003, 8:59am

i like to browse through the motor caravan magazines,hoping one day i will be able to convert one lol,and of course any good sites showing designs/conversions/howto will be appreciated Grin Grin of course i use google as always

u know me!i like free tv
  IP Logged
redcap007
(Offline)
God

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2003, 9:04am

I have to admit, I used to buy computer magazines, but over the last few months I have bought none, and I do not plan to buy any. I get more useful information here.

IP Logged
invalid
(Offline)

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2003, 9:23am

I still get WhatSat every month,also now & again i get a PC mag when there is a good cover disc on them.

IP Logged
crobin57
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2003, 1:52pm

Hi m8's  Grin

I read Personal Computer World, I am a subscriber and have been for 12 years. They Have just celebrated there 25th year as a PC Mag. I have purchased What Sat twice last year.  Smiley

IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #7 - Mar 8th, 2003, 2:54pm

3 mags a month, PC Advisor, What Sat and good old FHM, if the mood takes me and I'm out and about with time to spare I sometimes get a bike mag.
haga

IP Logged
Termy
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #8 - Mar 8th, 2003, 2:57pm

I never bother at all with having dodgy peepers, but I do sometimes look at the **cough** pictures lol.  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

WWW Termy   IP Logged
blue604
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Mar 8th, 2003, 2:58pm

SmileyI'm a soft touch for anything connected to pc or sat.
 I have a subs. to pc adviser as I find it helpful for little hints etc. The freebie discs usually have something which you can't get anywhere else.
 I also subscribe to satkurier......didn't realise till after I was into the subscription that they work part time for Walt Disney....and jackanori.
 Smiley

IP Logged
Cor
(Offline)

Reply #10 - Mar 8th, 2003, 10:11pm

Hello,

Mostly computer magazines, the satellite ones that are interesting i get every month in the box.
Now and then some gunmagazines for my other hobby.

Cheers,

Cor.

Echostar AD 3000 IP Magic 1.04 ,Magic 1.02 now Matrix reload, Seca 1.03 Cam, Matrix Cam, Funcards 2 and 4, goldcards, 1.1 Triax dish 0.3 DB INVACOM LNBF 50 east to 50 west Mastera, goldprogramer etc.
  IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #11 - Mar 8th, 2003, 10:26pm

hi m8s

i used to buy whatsat here in sweden even they costed double so much (last one costed 85 sek last year)so i donot buy it anymore  but not for the price but it does not give so much (may be become better than themselves(very helping  issues though).

I read lots of magazines about cars (which man does not?),mostly reparation manuals(when you have a old one)and i like to buy magazin called *illusterad vetenskap*(gorth m8 may translate it to english).

thay cost a lot but since ican not read a novel (horrible books without pictures)thats the price i pay all the time .

rg

HDTV based on CS is future
  IP Logged
BUNTER
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Mar 8th, 2003, 10:51pm

whatsat is the most over-rated publication ever made

their reviews of receivers and how they rate them is so flawed,its untrue.  
there advices in the clinic is enough for most troubled owners just to cut there wrists there and then Grin Grin Wink Grin

IP Logged
gonawayuk
(Offline)

It's the weather

Reply #13 - Mar 9th, 2003, 12:27am

Hi all

the only mag that comes to this house is what TV the mrs buyes and I don't even look at it, no time.

gonawayuk

IP Logged
blue604
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 9th, 2003, 11:08am

GrinHi! Cor,
              good to see you on Steve's m8.....you'll like the board mate....nice and friendly with lots of good guys.regards..Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print