Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 29th, 2024, 5:37am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Via**t changing to video**ard!! (Read 12238 times)
Popeye
(Offline)

Via**t changing to video**ard!!
Feb 12th, 2003, 5:53pm

Well now it's official, vi**at is changing to video**rd lips sealed and are now working to implent this in their system. I could only find the articles in Swedish and Danish so I guess that wont help most of you guys.  

What is your oppinion about this Roll Eyes
What about all the Vi**at-tuners that's on the marked Roll Eyes

And most impotant, how will this affect us Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Popeye 8)

IP Logged
gorth
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Sweden, home of AIK!

Re: Via**t changing to video**ard!!
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2003, 6:02pm

Hi m8's,

Where did you read that m8? Any adress?

gorth 8) 8) 8)

I am not as good as I once was, but am good once as I ever was.
  IP Logged
Popeye
(Offline)

Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2003, 6:06pm

http://www.direkt.se/main.php3?id=28222823&mark=mtg

http://www.e-pressen.dk/shownews.php?id=19371

Don't now how to put in link, so you have to copy and paste m8 Wink

Popeye 8)

IP Logged
Popeye
(Offline)

Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2003, 6:07pm

Don't look like you have to now either Grin Grin Grin

Popeye 8)

IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2003, 8:22pm

hi m8s

i think this is a bluff!

None av viasats recievers   are capable to handle Video***** ,some of them can not even handle via2.But it might be so that maybe Nokias will do so and in this case Nokia will get back its leading position as a viasat supplier.And can you imagine the cost of this?Plus they can not use such a s**recievers since they must have ci slot for conax  too.So we will wait and see.

regards

HDTV based on CS is future
  IP Logged
BUNTER
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2003, 10:20pm

its a bluff me thinks they have only just got into profit for the first time I cant see there share holders going for this idea

then again if its true then there will be more than a good chance to providers will come over to us as you cant break one with out the other !lips sealed lips sealed lips sealed Wink

IP Logged
blue604
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2003, 11:26pm

SmileyI reckon this is a wind up folks, but i maybe wrong.
 Surely the best way for prov. to win is to keep as many irons in the fire as possible. As *tream is expected to go that way it has already set itself up as a target.....so if they all went the same way the target  turns into another cracked set of files......I don't reckon they can afford to put their eggs all in the same basket...as *ia 2 is being transmitted from 5 East already, this has got to be favourite.. undecided

IP Logged
Aistys
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2003, 3:29pm

in my opinion i dot think that viasat is capable of that they simply dont have money for that and they are not so big provider as it looks Grin Grin

IP Logged
Popeye
(Offline)

Reply #8 - Feb 14th, 2003, 3:36pm

well *ia says they are capable to upgrade all the receivers they have approved, and nokia is allready working to find a way to implent this to their reeceivers over the air.......

I don't know anything for sure, but i've seen information to the shareholders and it's mentioned there too...

I guess only time will show us Wink

Popeye 8)

IP Logged
blue604
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2003, 5:32pm

SmileyPopeye mate,
                        to change to that encryption over the air must be next to impossible.
 If what you say is going to happen then all the pirate dealers will be doing cartwheels.....as this would mean getting to grips with the secretive cam.....I reckon any prov. could change to this encryption with the financial muscle that goes with it.
 Lets hope it won't happen mate, or that's another one biting the dust.
 Roll Eyes

IP Logged
crossdynamite
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 2nd, 2003, 8:29pm

Via**t are not changing to Video**ard, but to Via 2 and will also be encrypted in Conax.

If you take a look at Lyng Sat and Ca*al Digital at 1W you will see that to of there channels are also encrypt in Via 1 as well as Conax (soon to change to Conax Cas 5)
That is because (soon) they are going to be encrypted in Via 2 (not 1) and Conax Cas 5.

All this is to do with the two broadcasters Scandinavia, which have been told that their channels should be encrypted in to systems, giving viewers the choice of digital receiver that want to buy.

IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #11 - Mar 2nd, 2003, 9:23pm

hi crossdynamite m8  

Those are Nrk 1&2 (via) cause they are  part of  Packages for Viasat(  Norwegian  subscribers),it has been there long time.

And it seems that Even Viasat does not what system they want to change.So enjoy it as long as it lasts.

regards

IP Logged
Matrix
(Offline)

Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2003, 7:41pm

If Anyone can translate this from Norwegian to English,
U will get a lot of Info.
System is set to be september 1`th

Litt mer info om NDS systemet og Viasat  

Viasat varslet skifte til NDS kodesystem for å få bukt med piratkort problemene  har skapt usikkerhet hos Force kunder mht til fremtidig tilgang til Viasats kanaler. Det er liten grunn til uro hos kunder som i dag har Force mottakere av mange årsaker. Noen av disse er forsøkt belyst nedenfor:  

NDS skiller seg fra øvrige kodesystem på to punkter:  

1. Hver operatør får tildelt sin unike softwarekode som medfører at også satellittmottakerne som Viasat i fremtiden ønsker å benytte vil måtte utvikles med en unik NDS software. Det finnes mao ikke ”hyllevareprodukter” som på kort varsel vil kunne kjøpes og benyttes til mottak av Viasats NDS kodede sendinger.  

2. NDS har som eneste kodesystem leverandør også spesifikke hardware komponenter som må bygges inn i mottakerene for å kunne fungere med NDS kort. Derfor vil ingen mottaker, uansett merke utplassert i Norden i dag, kunne fungere via en softwareoppdatering. Dette er en viktig del av sikkerhetskonseptet til NDS.

Viasat har i dag godt over 1 mill. satellittkunder i Norden. Disse er en meget viktig del av inntektsgrunnlaget til Viasat og MTG gruppen. TV3 kanalene er avhengig av seere for å få betalt for sine reklamespots. Hver seer har en estimert årlig verdi bare for TV3 på kr. 500 / år eller mer. Å stenge Viaccess kodede sendinger vil være totalt uaktuelt for Viasat /TV3 fordi bortfallet av over 1 mill. seere vil koste langt mer enn pirattittere klarer å ”stjele” hvert år. Derfor vil det være helt meningsløst for Viasat å kollektivt stenge tilgangen til lovlige Viasat abonnenter ved å slutte å sende i dagens Viaccess koding. Derfor kan Force- og Viasats kunder være helt rolige; reklamefinansierte kanaler vil neppe bli rammet av Viasats skifte av kodesystem på flere år – det forutsetter i så fall at Viasat massivt subsidierer nye mottakere til alle sine seere. Det er det neppe økonomisk grunnlag for å gjøre.

Hva med betalkanalene; filmkanalene? Her kan det skje endringer raskere; fordi disse gir større inntekter og fordi disse utgjør kun ca. 350.000 abonnenter. Igjen, Viasat vil neppe gå for noen radikale løsninger – det blir for kostbart. Det er naturlig å se for seg at for eksempel at kunder lokkes med subsidier av for eksempel fremtidens MHP mottakere, PVR mottakere, og lignende for å få lokket eksisterende kunder til å selv ta en del av kostnaden ved å oppgradere sin hardware. Dette blir akkurat som da Viasat gikk fra analogt til digitalt; ingen forbrukere ble latt i stikken. Man fant løsninger som enten kunden selv valgte av egen fri vilje ifm oppgradering til nyere utstyr med en gradvis overgang – eller ved at Viasat subsidierte utstyr eller ga bort gratis utstyr til sine kunder med gullabonnement.  

Viasat har overfor Force tilkjennegitt at man ønsker å samarbeide med de viktigste hardware leverandørene i det skandinaviske marked rundt å implementere NDS i deres produkter. En utvikling av NDS vil ta minimum 12 mnd. og ca. 6 mnd. om man allerede har en NDS løsning for annen operatør fra før. Dette gir en pekepinn på hvor raskt man kan forvente en lansering av NDS i Norden. Mao, det hele vil nødvendigvis ta tid – og pga at Viasat må gjøre dette på en lønnsom måte, vil man nødvendigvis også måtte kjøre parallelt i Viaccess og NDS i en lengre periode – spesielt hva angår reklamefinansierte kanaler.

BrG
Matrix

Email   IP Logged
jrb333
(Offline)
God

Dark side of the
moon

Reply #13 - Mar 15th, 2003, 8:13am

so all in all, we are going to lose some more channels.

embarrassed

IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #14 - Mar 15th, 2003, 7:30pm

but not yet.
may be at this autumn.
regards

IP Logged