Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 29th, 2024, 8:01am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anything missing? (Read 9450 times)
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Anything missing?
Feb 1st, 2003, 11:39am

Hi folks

I've more or less finished messing about with the forum software, I have one update left to do which should be done sometime next week.

Once everything settles down again and we are running properly I'll start adding/updating features to the forum to make the site more useful than ever before!!

Is there any suggestions you guys have of things I can add or features you would like to see on the fourms. I've had a some requests of adding a spellchecker and a calendar for people to use.

Any other suggestions/ideas post them here and I will see what I can do!

Steve.

'Action is eloquence.' - William Shakespeare
WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
crobin57
Ex Member

Re: Anything missing?
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2003, 12:20pm

Hi m8's  Grin

@ Steve I have a couple of suggestions m8:

If a thread becomes popular with lot's of replies say 10 can a button be added to take you back to the top of the page. This would work well now that the site is so fast. Cheesy

Open that chat room to all even guests. It generates conversation, like it did Friday chat night. Also it may make more guests sign up to the forum. Cheesy

IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2003, 12:40pm

Hi mate, can we have the voting thing back, I know it wasn't used an awful lot but it was handy,

@crobin, I'd like to see more people use the chat room, as I've said before we have a good laugh in there on our monthly visit but I'm not sure opening it up to guests is a good idea, it should be used more, but by members only, if we had our voting thingy back we could see what other members think
haga

IP Logged
cucuz
(Offline)
God

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2003, 10:45pm

What about a button to show any new posts since your last visit ?

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2003, 5:40pm

Hiya  

I'll see what I can do about new posts thing and add a 'back to top' for large pages.

I've added a poll to the fourms today.

Steve.

WWW Steve Steve ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss   IP Logged
BUNTER
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2003, 9:14pm

hiya steve is it just me or does the site go down durring certain times more often then not at early mourning?

how many members will the server handle at a very busy time?

I really like the bit telling you how many members have visited the site today but could the number of guests also be shown as that would really show guests how much traffic the site generates?

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:04pm

I should be able to do that m8

I dont know why the forum is going offline in the early hours in the morning - it could be that backups causing that to happen. I'll look into that.

Steve.

BUNTER
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:34pm

hiya steve sometimes it goes off for some and not others I was speaking to sb the other night in aol and I lost access but he did not lose it for another ten mins or so sometimes it goes off for about 30-45 mins durring the day ----server not found!

at least we have back ups then steve! Tongue Grin

bri Wink

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #8 - Feb 3rd, 2003, 7:31am

I'll have to look into that one m8 and yes we now have daily backups!

Steve.

BUNTER
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Feb 3rd, 2003, 7:47am

hiya steve,the forum went down at 1.30 am this mourning it must be the back ups but as long as everyone knows its the backups kicking in then they will know its only for a short time! 8)

regards,bri Wink

PS,how about having a sponsors page,with the amount of traffic growing on the forum it might be worth companies taking space?

IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #10 - Feb 3rd, 2003, 10:52am

Hiya m8

A sponsors page might be a good idea, apart from I have no idea who would want to advertise!

If you know anyone tell them to get in touch and we'll see!

Steve.

BUNTER
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 3rd, 2003, 1:56pm

just a thought steve,but will ask around my many contacts!! lips sealed Wink

IP Logged
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

Reply #12 - Feb 3rd, 2003, 6:37pm

Just a minor suggestion

Just to speed things up for signing in, and not having to type in user name etc., every time. (only minor as I say!).........Would it be easy to incorporate a prog that would allow people to sign in as one does on say,  vkeys forum, where you can get the pc to remember your details..........You just click on the sign in section, and your details pop-up...........Just a thought! Not important.

bigglesk

Seeds ye sow, another reaps; /
  IP Logged
Steve
(Offline)
Administrator

Reply #13 - Feb 3rd, 2003, 7:15pm

Hi m8

Windows already offers that option with internet explorer!

I'll see what I can do!

Steve.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print