Homepage FM - coming soon! WMA Realplayer Winamp Now playing...
Welcome to steves-homepage! Mar 28th, 2024, 9:47am
Welcome, Guest. Please Login.

Home Search Online Games Login
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I am going motorized. Please advise! (Read 7628 times)
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

I am going motorized. Please advise!
Jan 28th, 2003, 7:47pm

I have an Echostar DSB 2110 2ci via that is DiSEqC 1.2 compatible.

I have a fixed dish, and want to install (Prob) a 1 or 1.2 mtr dish; motorized..............Question:- What dish package, and where do I get it from?.  I live in Southsea (southern england). I use a GW and a Millenium 2000vx  programmer,(the old one) I also have  se*a + Ird**o cams, but I also want to change  Possibly to  an Elvis and an "All Cam"...................What advise can u give me please? I am trying to think of the future!

Your help will be most appreciated......................bigglesk

Seeds ye sow, another reaps; /
  IP Logged
haga
(Offline)
Administrator

Re: I am going motorized. Please advise!
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2003, 8:46pm

@bigglesk, try the link, good all round store, loads of faq's, the bigger the dish you can get away with the better, but get the right diseq drive to match the dish, the diseq drives are not renowned for being reliable (my opinion) I got a diseq to anologue converter to run my dish and it works ok, (1m dish, Essex) 1.2m dish for your part of the world, you also require planning permission for any dish above 90cm if you put it on an outside wall, if you have a good line of sight from the garden then you can mount it on the ground, most dishes are well built so spend your money on a resonably priced dish but get a good lnb.

http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/cat.htm

haga

IP Logged
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2003, 9:16pm

The good news is that I do not need  planning permision. It  will be out of sight.( not on the side of the house.) I will have a look at that  site you mentioned.(haga) I thank you for your input.

I reolize that I am asking for a complete system set-up, that will cover the future.............and pigs will fly, Tongue Tongue Tongue but I can only ask!

I will be purchasing a motorized system in the very near future, prob this month. I will, however, await other advice.  I would also ask for advise on Programmers and card types for the future..............It is not only me that will read these posts.......but many others!......... I envisage the cost to be in the region of £400 just to  get the dish ( motorized )not forgetting a new programmer and new cards. For the very best system. I have the cash, but not the expertise!!!! (I have some! Grin Grin Grin) embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed :-   (I have been a member for quite a while, and I  have learnt to trust  the knowledge gained by members of this forum, and will be guided by their advise)  I await the next post with respect.

bigglesk

IP Logged
belmando
(Offline)
Forum Moderator

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2003, 9:55pm

hi bigglesk

i wouldnt purchase diseqc rotor for 1.2 since they movevery slow + and drivers inside cause a gab that wobble the dish .But if you want a 1.2 m motorized so go for conventional actuator drive with a device called motech or gentac(they convert diseqc motor commands into conventional 36 volt  ) which means that you will have diseqc 1.2 systrm that can drive up to 3.6 m dishes  with conventional motor speed. Then its up to you to keep 2110 ,2220 would be a much better way since with irdeto 1.06 ver2.09 softsell you will have 6i1 +via embedded.
But that is my suggestion and since you have the cash so why not.
regards

HDTV based on CS is future
  IP Logged
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2003, 7:19pm

Cheers belmando 1

Thanks for your input...........Looks as though my purse strings are going to get pulled!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

bigglesk

IP Logged
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2003, 5:28am

Thank you m8's for your replys, including emails.

Just in passing, I have purchased:   HtoH 120 Heavy duty. + Triax 1.1m. also a Card Master, some Fun Card 4's and Serial Lead. (I will keep the millenium 2000 vx prog for GW, I know how to prog that!!!!!!)

When they arrive, Sat, or Mon. I am going to be busy!, especially working out how to Prog a fun card.......Total cost was £273 (including postage) I am very pleased with the cost.

Once again...........Thanks for your help. Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

bigglesk

IP Logged
BUNTER
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2003, 8:22am

HI MATE,tell us why you got a card master as far as I knew your millenium 2000 can program funs as well,I could be wrong on that one?

have you or will you get a magic cam for all the incriptions you will be able to now view?

all the best for taken the ullitmate step up to the full extent of our hobby,the 1.1m dish will allow you to see and get all the satellites that are currently available to the uk hobbists like ourselves,well done m8!

regards,bri Grin Wink

IP Logged
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2003, 7:44pm

My next step is the magic cam, (or perhaps a free cam) I think the cost is about 145 quid. I have tried 6 in one files with my(existing) cams , but I did not get them to work..................What I have done is to be guided by other members on this forum. Up until now, I have been able to get all I want with the Millenium 2000vx with GW..................I now have a programmer that does all cards...........from what I have seen, one needs to have a programmer that does all cards for the future........I have even purchased three  fun mode 4 cards, And I do not know what they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am just trying to learn, I will have a look and find out how to programme them later.          There are also "Silver Cards" fukc knows if I can programme them!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Only time will tell. To be quite honest, I do not know what I am talking about. What I will do, however, Is to read the posts and learn!!!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully............bigglesk

IP Logged
BUNTER
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2003, 7:57pm

its hard to learn a old dog new tricks Grin Wink

but just in case I will be ,if you want me your personal trainer available 24/7 Grin Wink

in the box in the programmer s/w there should be a little arrow if you click it and scrool down there should be a option that gives you a funcard icon or avr 8515 that is your funcard software,just high light it,

then enter the flash first/pic
most files dont have an internal hex file but blues do so this goes in the middle box  
the last one is the external/eep  

just do as a gw and away you go 8) 8)

your personal trainer,bunter Grin Grin Wink

ps.word has it you will get your gear today or tomorrow m8,you can get a magic cam/programmer from the same source m8

IP Logged
bigglesk
(Offline)
God
Media Exchange Member

The wealth ye find,
another keeps.
(Fact!)

Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2003, 2:41am

Thanks BUNTER and others

I was told that the "Cardmaster" does all the cards you need, it was a bit more expensive than I thought, but I have now got it.
The Cardmaster + 3X Funcard     4's +Serial lead (no power supply...the one from my original prog is ok........ or software enclosed.......Have to down-load from the internet)..Total cost inc postage: £93.95..........In for a penny, in for a pound!...........I don't know if I am allowed to say where I got these items, however, if you PM me I will tell you.

Thanks for offering to be my Tutor m8.......There is one thing you can do for me!!!!!!!! I need the services of a good woman!!!!! Tongue  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue (Did I put that the rite way round?).

As they say doon sooth......"See you some when"
bigglesk

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print